How and when do you disclose your commission to clients?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_O View Post
    I like it... fresh... new... so full of positivity (and not tarnished with thick skinned MCA). LOL.

Some merchants will want to know what you're making. If you are showing them the value that you bring to the table then there should be no discussion about how much you make. That doesn't mean you shouldn't feel the need to address the question head on. That also means you should feel the burn in the face if you are ripping them off with 15 points and a 10 point psf and they ask... if you can't tell someone what you are making with a straight face - maybe you don't feel you earned it.

2%, as a success fee (what Micah said) - is reasonable to charge a business owner on financing you've helped secure, if you are making 3-7 points from the funder. Just be ready to disclose it.

On the flip side of the coin - I wouldn't open a conversation with "this is what I typically make". Especially when you've seen some of their margins!
    Thanks Steven! Really great insights. I don't believe in gouging. There's enough to go around without that.

(Oh, and the rhino hide isn't a problem, trust me. Comes from a quarter century of selling over the phone, to people who don't want to be sold, things they can't see and don't want to buy, for prices they don't want to pay, and having them do it right now :-) Maybe I can cause money to seem like an attractive enough product to make a few buckos, we'll find out
    Last edited by Daily Fun; 06-25-2020 at 05:42 PM.