Quote Originally Posted by StealMyDeal View Post
Dude you're out of your goddamn mind if you think that conversation is going to end well. You do not discuss commission with merchants. Ever. They aren't going to ask, and if they do, tell them that's not your department. Your job is to get them the best terms they qualify for for the money they need to accomplish their objectives today. Maintain control of the conversation at all times.

Also, this is a good reason to charge a modest PSF. When you charge a PSF, you can use that as the basis of your compensation. "Mr. Merchant, as you know we charge a $495 origination fee upon funding which compensates my team for our work in securing and processing this transaction for you. I don't know where you're getting your information about commission from. But let's get back to how this $80K advance is going to help you bring your employees back next week..." And then, if necessary to get the deal done, cut or waive your PSF. Presto, your commission remains untouched.
Thanks for the suggestions. I realize I'm "out of my goddamn mind" already. Thought that was part of the job description