"Black Wall Street". Never knew the extent of what happened.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 222108

Winning, you're right with what you said. It's too complicated to move forward on reparations. When I meant direct descendants, I meant them and their kids. Unfortunately, it's just too late.

This course I took called the Third World was actually an eye-opener in that exact sense you wrote. It was taught by an African (not African American.... he was actually an immigrant from Africa) and the current history shows that being a Third World country has a significant disadvantage over being in the Kingdom, since they get all of the economic disadvantages and separation as well as being poor.

I definitely see a different between Confederate soldiers and Columbus. Columbus was a buffoon who got lucky, slaughtered human beings who were different than he was just for wealth and glory, and then was commandeered by the Italian community in the
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8PQXiJiLOY

It's amazing that everyone bought hook-line-and-sinker the myths, Columbus was legitimately evil. The Confederacy was mainly about honor and economics. They were racist, sure, but that wasn't the root reason why they fought a war to kill other people.

Columbus's initial description of the American Indians: "They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance.... They would make fine servants.... With 50 men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want." Columbus was a pure opportunist and evil person. The Confederates..... jury's still out. It's just that the liberal society wants 100% tolerance of every opinion.... except the opinions of those who draw lines and limit opinion! And everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    I definitely see a different between Confederate soldiers and Columbus.

The Confederacy was mainly about honor and economics. They were racist, sure, but that wasn't the root reason why they fought a war to kill other people.
    Columbus was to the Native American, as the Confederacy was to the Black Americans.

I am sure the Confederacy was fighting for economics. The economics of compound interest as applied to slaves over 200 plus years..

A little bit about Confederate General Robert E Lee.

Married his distant cousin Mary Anne Randolph Custis, the great-granddaughter of George Washington’s wife, Martha, was a heiress of several plantation properties.

In a speech known today as the Cornerstone Address, Confederate Vice President Alexander H. Stephens described its ideology as being centrally based "upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition".

The Confederacy was originally formed by secession of seven slave holding states, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas. Their economy was heavily dependent upon agriculture, particularly cotton, and a plantation system that relied upon the labor of African-American slaves. Convinced that white supremacy and the institution of slavery were threatened by the November 1860 election of Republican candidate Abraham Lincoln to the U.S. presidency on a platform which opposed the expansion of slavery into the western territories, the Confederacy declared its secession in rebellion against the United States, with the loyal states becoming known as the Union

So it would be safe to say that Hitler and the Nazi Swatstkia is to Jews, what the Confedrate Flag and their monuments are to Black Americans and what Columbus is to the Native Americans.
    Last edited by Winning; 07-04-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Winning, you're right with what you said. It's too complicated to move forward on reparations
    Perhaps I will be proven wrong.. It looks like there are some local governments willing to address this reparations thing head on.

North Carolina's, Asheville City Council to vote on reparations for it's Black residents on July 14th.

Excerpts from the resolution...
    "Black people have been unjustly" enslaved, segregated and incarcerated. And that they "have been unjustly targeted by law enforcement and criminal justice procedures, incarcerated at disproportionate rates and subsequently excluded from full participation in the benefits of citizenship that include voting, employment, housing and health care."

"The City Council of the City of Asheville apologizes and makes amends" for participating in slavery, enforcing segregation and urban renewal "that destroyed multiple successful Black communities," the resolution says.

Here is the complete resolution they will be voting on.
    https://www.scribd.com/document/4687...lle#from_embed

Interested to see how this gets voted on...

This may be a precursor of what may be heavily debated during the 2020 election.