Best phone system ?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 208

Best phone system ?

Good morning all,

Any recommendations for a good phone system? By good I mean reliable, good quality, and gets the job done . Dialpad is nothing special. I’m interested in something that can send mass texts as well.

Also, do you recommend auto or manual dialing and predictive dialer?

Senior Member Reputation points: 54849 JasonBishop's Avatar

Hi Isc

Check out PhoneBurner. This system will cover most of what you seem to be looking for. https://www.phoneburner.com/homepage...-sign-up/index

Ringcentral is the complete package.
    A bit on the expensive side ($40 per number) but totaly worth it. has every feature you can ever imagine.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

find out from your crm which one integrates the best . as far as your second half be ready for tons of lawsuits

Senior Member Reputation points: 227882

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG View Post
    Ringcentral is the complete package.
    A bit on the expensive side ($40 per number) but totaly worth it. has every feature you can ever imagine.
    RingCentral is more than $40/line! You also have to pay a bunch of taxes like 911 and state fees on top of the price per line. I think two lines were going to cost like $110/month if I'm not mistaken. For Nextiva, by signing up the same day as landing on the website, I got the Enterprise for $37/month or so for 1 line with 5 numbers and a fax number, all fees included. I haven't figured out how to integrate it to a dialer, it's possible I'm sure, but I'm not a cold caller. Text messaging is a bit clunky, but otherwise definitely worth it. From what I hear, RingCentral might be better service and their apps (PC and phone) are a bit better, but Nextiva has been very good for my needs.

Senior Member Reputation points: 14091

Vonage is pretty good. integrates well with the app they have

Do I need to worry about lawsuits when using auto or manual dialing and predictive dialer?

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by Iscibibi153 View Post
    Do I need to worry about lawsuits when using auto or manual dialing and predictive dialer?
    Just curious,what part of this industry do you know?

Ok thanks
    Last edited by Iscibibi153; 06-18-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

The absolute best phone system to have is years of building relationships with people that will refer you business because you do a great job. Relationships always rule the day! The best call in the world is from someone whom was told to call you because you can get the job done.

The ratio of closed deals is MUCH higher when driven by great relationships.
    Last edited by Kevin Henry-Seacoast; 06-19-2020 at 07:04 AM.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    The absolute best phone system to have is years of building relationships with people that will refer you business because you do a great job. Relationships always rule the day! The best call in the world is from someone whom was told to call you because you can get the job done.

The ratio of closed deals is MUCH higher when driven by great relationships.
    Thats dumb.You can have the best relationship in the world but if you have no phone, they can not reach you.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Thats dumb.You can have the best relationship in the world but if you have no phone, they can not reach you.
    You obviously missed the point! Of course all forms of communication are needed including phones. What I was suggesting was that building relationships with great referral sources is much better than cold calling and/or having a phone system to robo dial for you.

Sometimes you don't need your phone because the relationships are sooo good. Example: LinkedIn Message late last night from an attorney who has a client with a $25Mil ABL need. I have known this attorney for years and have closed several deals with her in my current role and prior to joining the firm as an investment banker.

KH
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

I do small business IT support.. I have a lot of experience with building out VOIP phone systems, onsite IP PBX's, configuring Sip trunks, e911, DID's/DOD's, and configuring the necessary QOS for it to run correctly..

To help you, I need more info on exactly what you are trying to accomplish, what you are currently using, what do you like about your current system, as well as what you feel your current system is lacking... Also we will need to talk about you network hardware and internet connection.... Also we will need to discuss how accessible you want the phone system to be. Do you need desk phones and softphones? Do you need them to work only on an internal LAN, or do you need WAN (cloud) access as well (so you can have phones (deskphones or softphones) offsite that still work just like you are in the office).

When I say softphone, that is any kind of software phone application.. A softphone can be installed on a computer, mobile phone, or tablet. By combining WAN access with Softphones you can be anywhere in the world and work just like you are sitting in your office... Transfer calls, put people on Hold, intercom, etc... Or if you are hard core you can pack a deskphone in your luggage and setup a legit remote office anywhere.. I have actually done the latter myself..

A couple of years ago, I took my daughter to a summer camp for a week... Instead of me driving 9 hours back home, I just stayed at a hotel for a week, but I setup a remote office in the hotel room,... monitors, laptop, deskphone, etc... everything worked beautifully! Didn't miss a beat. I have setup several home offices this way as well. I have 2 home offices myself with a full setup complete with VPN tunnels that allow complete network access into the office.
    Last edited by Winning; 06-19-2020 at 10:11 AM.