AG Sues Merchant Cash Advance Companies for ‘Cheating’ Businesses Out of Millions - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

Quote Originally Posted by golf2014 View Post
    This is why i always said this mca was illegal and had borderline tactics. Truth comes out.
    How can MCA be illegal if it wasn't outlawed yet? And especially if the courts have affirmed their legality.

And you're those of us who don't use "borderline tactics" like bait and switches, we tell them what it is and how it works, are up front about fees and aren't scared of the rates..... there's nothing wrong with the truth.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54198 JasonBishop's Avatar

Golf just likes to heckle from the sidelines. Opposes MCA but can't help himself/herself but to patronize an MCA Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Akanner View Post
    How can the AG make MCA loans illegal? The essence of MCA is that it is not a loan but rather the price a business owner would pay a company to risk buying future money off them. The way I look at it is: the high payback amount is the Fair valve/ market value of borrowing unsecured money. No different than any other transaction done in the free market.

If I were to sell a bike for a heavy profit in the free market (where there was no deception) It is perfectly allowed and acceptable. But in the MCA world, since we are comparing money to money, it gets a very negative connotation for making a profit (on a risky product)
    https://debanked.com/2020/06/if-you-...nder-part-two/

Senior Member Reputation points: 14091

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    How can MCA be illegal if it wasn't outlawed yet? And especially if the courts have affirmed their legality.

And you're those of us who don't use "borderline tactics" like bait and switches, we tell them what it is and how it works, are up front about fees and aren't scared of the rates..... there's nothing wrong with the truth.
    Agreed, that was the point is was trying to make with the Free market. if the merchant understands the price, term, rate, etc and he consents to it, what is there to outlaw? In commercial law, one needs offer, acceptance, and consideration for a legally binding contract.
    There is only what to outlaw if predatory and or hidden/ undisclosed information is used.

I hope ROC gets it next. Dirtbags

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by golf2014 View Post
    This is why i always said this mca was illegal and had borderline tactics. Truth comes out.
    Translation: He failed as a broker 4 years ago and now works as a handyman’s apprentice, and he’s bitter as hell.