If you were a bystander present in a situation similar to what the bystanders found themselves in prior to George Floyd's death, What would you do?

That question starts down a rabbit hole of more questions that need to be sorted out in ones head...

Do bystanders have a responsibility to intervene in crimes?

How do you process if what you are witnessing is indeed a crime?

Does an action that would be considered a crime have a respect of person? Meaning, Can a Police officer actions be deemed a crime while on duty, or do they get a pass while on duty?

So if you ( as a bystander) were a CHL (Concealed Handgun License) holder and you witnessed a police officer engaging in a life threating crime, would the CHL holder be justified in using lethal force to stop the act?

Tough questions.....

According to the Texas CHL law in regard to bystanders justifiably using deadly force to someone else.**

https://www.utsystem.edu/sites/defau...ndstatutes.pdf

PC §9.33. DEFENSE OF THIRD PERSON.

PC §9.22. NECESSITY.

PC §9.21. PUBLIC DUTY.

I feel as what I saw on the video recording became a clear crime approximately 10 seconds after*George Floyd passed out but the officer remained on his neck. It could be looked at, that by the officer remaining on his neck, the officer is now using unlawful deadly force. Which a CHL holder has a public duty in defense of a 3rd person to use lawful deadly force against the actor (in this situation the actor so happens to work as a police officer also).

So I ask myself what would I have done if I personally saw the entire event unfold 5 feet away from me.