Quote Originally Posted by LJH365 View Post
Both Kevin and $$FundIt$$ are correct.

The question of whether or not this is a good time for you to get in this business, is only one that you can answer. I have been in the business for 8 years, the first 3 of which I worked at various shops.

I would say the average for a decent rep, those who find a good shop (hard to do) that pays decent commission (25-40%) that has good marketing (which is rare) and pays renewals, will earn:

Low end: $30k
Middle ground: $50k
High: $70k'
Rock star/manager: $100k and above

The problem is finding the right shop. In my first 3 years I worked at about 6 places. One had a great environment but the leads sucked, another had great leads but the owner was a psychopath, several tried to steal my own commissions from me, and one literally just decided not to pay me a $12k commission. I eventually went out on my own.

One thing is certain- shops that sell only mcas were already a dying breed. And now that a plague is upon us, it is (and will continue to be) even worse.
If ISO shops which sell only MCA products were dying breed, how the hell was the MCA industry killing it pre Covid?