Funders not Paying Renewal Comission due to Covid
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Funders not Paying Renewal Comission due to Covid

Hey Guys

Hope everyone is doing well.

I"m having an experience with a funder, which just renewed my merchant and is stating that they are not going to be paying commissions on the deal since it was refinancing with a NEW program they started to help merchant due to Covid.

Merchant was on a lowered payment with them, but the funder was willing to refi and provide the merchant with net new funds about $20K, and brought the payment back up to normal.

Is anyone else experience something like this? is this normal? I feel as if they are willing to fund they should be willing to pay commission to the referal partner.
    This attempt seems like a way to by pass paying commissions.

Not putting names out there right now, just trying to get feedback as to if my claim of wanting to get paid makes sense or if the funders claim to not pay commissions makes any sense or if anyone has heard of this new strategy.

Thanks for the feedback any questions let me know.

seems like BS they should be paying you. even if its half cm should be something

thanks for the feedback, i agree seems like they are making any attempt to just not pay the contracts the merchant signed has no mention of a new program or covid, simply a standard renewal agreement.

Senior Member Reputation points: 49940

Ben, long story short, your iso rep at this company isn't making any money at the moment and is keeping your commission for himself. I renewed 2 deals for you last month and paid you on both without you lifting a finger. If they don't make it right then do what you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@fundry View Post
    Ben, long story short, your iso rep at this company isn't making any money at the moment and is keeping your commission for himself. I renewed 2 deals for you last month and paid you on both without you lifting a finger. If they don't make it right then do what you have to do.
    do what you have to do ? sounds like you are advising someone to have a merchant default, or to take adverse action against a funder. Either way, very dangerous advice for you to be giving on a public forum with your employer, Fundry, displayed on your messages. Pretty sure this can cause some liability for you and your company. May want to be careful with your comments there cowboy.

Thanks Anthony

That is correct you always do pay on our deals, pleasure doing business with you! If only everyone was like that.....

Waiting to hear back from them should be calling me soon, lets see how we sort this out.

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleCapitalSolutions View Post
    do what you have to do ? sounds like you are advising someone to have a merchant default, or to take adverse action against a funder. Either way, very dangerous advice for you to be giving on a public forum with your employer, Fundry, displayed on your messages. Pretty sure this can cause some liability for you and your company. May want to be careful with your comments there cowboy.
    What the hell are you talking about, I meant for him to post the company on here so other isos, such as yourself, know where not to send to. Capisce?

Member Reputation points: 1154

I have seen other other funders restructure balances into new advances with no additional funds and not pay some of my ISOs a commission.
    In your situation that is unfair to you. Pick your partners wisely .

The funder in this case was Uplyft Capital out in Florida.

www.uplyftcapital.com

They are refusing to pay the commission owed to us. Spoke with a rep there named Kevin, not our normal rep, he claimed to be the decision maker and the only person i can speak to since my credential are not high enough.

I know you need to know your funding sources well, and i guess i thought i did. But Beware out there to anyone dealing with Uplyft they are looking for any reason to not pay out commission on deals.

i have emailed the CEO Michael Massa - have not received a response as of yet. If i do i will update the board.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Pretty funny that a company that backdoor deals to par is giving advice on what to be careful on.Is efinincal connected with uplyft?Also Plug your leaks cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    Pretty funny that a company that backdoor deals to par is giving advice on what to be careful on.Is efinincal connected with uplyft?Also Plug your leaks cowboy
    relax Ricky Ricardo, this reach around isn't going to make Anthony give you better offers

and don't call me a cowboy

What the hell are you talking about, I meant for him to post the company on here so other isos, such as yourself, know where not to send to. Capisce?
    Im glad you took it back, keep it corporate Anthony, Mr SENIOR Funding Coordinator

Im glad you took it back, keep it corporate Anthony, Mr SENIOR Funding Coordinator
    Didn't take anything back or edit my post. You just have a colorful imagination and misinterpreted my post. Glad it all makes sense to you now flex.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3706

We have been funding many renewals during the pandemic and pay our ISO's still today same day as funding!
    Paul Boxer
    Merchant Marketplace

Chief Operating Officer
    Chief Revenue Officer

Cell: (516) 805-9209
    paul@merchantmarketplace.com
    www.merchantmarketplace.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Weird reaction after you misread what he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Weird reaction after you misread what he wrote.
    I don't think I misread, I think he just took it back. I personally don't care I was just surprised to see someone of his stature making such remarks. On a company account.

I don't think I misread, I think he just took it back. I personally don't care I was just surprised to see someone of his stature making such remarks. On a company account.
    You read it right I'm sure, but you definitely misinterpreted what I meant. The last thing he wrote was:

"Not putting names out there right now, just trying to get feedback as to if my claim of wanting to get paid makes sense or if the funders claim to not pay commissions makes any sense or if anyone has heard of this new strategy."

My response was to this comment. Hopefully this clears all of this up.

If a person edits their comment, it will literally show the post has changed (see “last edit” stamp below). You misread it and came to some weird conclusions that no one else did/would have.
    Last edited by WestCoastFunding; 05-13-2020 at 12:49 PM.

If a person edits their comment, it will literally show the post has changed (see “last edit” stamp below). You misread it and came to some weird conclusions that no one else did/would have.
    what are you, his attorney ?

You read it right I'm sure, but you definitely misinterpreted what I meant. The last thing he wrote was:

"Not putting names out there right now, just trying to get feedback as to if my claim of wanting to get paid makes sense or if the funders claim to not pay commissions makes any sense or if anyone has heard of this new strategy."

My response was to this comment. Hopefully this clears all of this up.
    I understand, yes that's why I was surprised at such a remark coming from a guy of your caliber. It was a huge miscommunication. I am glad West Coast was able to clear it up for us and we can be friends again.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338265

He is! He is a partner at Dewey Chetum & Howe. It's quite embarrassing for him as he is representing himself in his own divorce. I think Anthony may have had an affair with his wife.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    He is! He is a partner at Dewey Chetum & Howe. It's quite embarrassing for him as he is representing himself in his own divorce. I think Anthony may have had an affair with his wife.
    lol she got tired of being with a broker and moved on to a direct funder I guess.

No, just someone who had both the ability to read, and also possesses basic comprehension skills — both of which you seem to lack. These deficiencies lead you to make a poorly-informed comment that makes you look like a ****ing buffoon. But yeah, you’ll just double-down on this dumb ass accusation.

Just admit you misread/didn’t comprehend what was written so you stop looking like a dolt.

lol she got tired of being with a broker and moved on to a direct funder I guess.
    The saddest part is Kevin is ****ing with you and you’re too clueless to realize it.

Comprehension and awareness aren’t your strengths.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338265

The saddest part is Kevin is ****ing with you and you’re too clueless to realize it.

Comprehension and awareness aren’t your strengths.
    Dewey Chetum & Howe is a fake law firm name that has been the brunt of jokes/pranks on Wall Street for years. Kinda like asking a rookie broker/trader for a quote on Beecher Tool & Die.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426