Who wants our PPP applications?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 52185 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    if the supply chains allowed their brokers to participate in PPP like ODC, I think the broker community could have made some money during this. What we have seen is, the companies in our space have jumped on the opportunity but cutout their supply chain, the broker, from participating and helping their customers.
    You either need to be a lender that's set up to process SBA applications or "broker" / "agent" of one directly (if not another form of an agent for the customer - cpa, lawyer, etc). I suppose any co-brokering would have to be worked out between the brokers, although I think it's frowned upon.

Only reason a lender would not accept brokered apps for PPP or the like would be because they have the volume, they have the process - they simply do not need / or can not handle more.

Otherwise, what's to stop a SBA lender taking on a broker with 100+ signed apps like the OP?

If it's just one clown of a broker/shop submitting random apps as they come in signed like MCA's - then I suppose it really doesn't make sense.
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    You either need to be a lender that's set up to process SBA applications or "broker" / "agent" of one directly (if not another form of an agent for the customer - cpa, lawyer, etc). I suppose any co-brokering would have to be worked out between the brokers, although I think it's frowned upon.

Only reason a lender would not accept brokered apps for PPP or the like would be because they have the volume, they have the process - they simply do not need / or can not handle more.

Otherwise, what's to stop a SBA lender taking on a broker with 100+ signed apps like the OP?

If it's just one clown of a broker/shop submitting random apps as they come in signed like MCA's - then I suppose it really doesn't make sense.
    Yes, you can cobroker. But there isn’t a single lender hurting for apps. Therefore, why would they want to split their fees with a broker.