Covid-19 Shelter in Place: Paypal stopped my repayment drafts!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

UPDATE...

So 1 of my creditors added a "Comment" to my credit report in regards to the natural disaster.

It appears some creditors are adding these comments to get around the Cares Act provisions regarding credit reporting and scoring. Also the House Democrats are trying to extend the provisions that are in the Cares Act with the new HEROES (Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions) Act proposal.

So my credit score has not been negativle affected as per the Cares Act mandate, but the comment has been added.. I think the comment could have a negative affect in the future in various underwriting scenarios though. Perhaps the Cares Act or any new proposed act can be amended to prevent any reference to the disaster anywhere on the credit report. I have submitted my thought to my House & Senate Representative. If you would like to do the same you can find your House Representative here, and find your Senate Representative here.

I am going to contact the one creditor that did this and see if I can get them to remove this comment. I have not missed any payments, but I did call and let them know I was affected by the Covid 19 disaster back on 03/24/2020, Post #2. The auto loan company did extend a loan modification where as if I don't make a payment for the next 3 months, the car loan would be extended for 3 months. If I would have known that they would have added anything to my credit report I would have told them not to modify anything...

I guess they just Checkmated my ass with the comment section, sneaky SOB's!!! But I respect the audible and the adaptation by them! Game On!

Last edited by Winning; 05-14-2020 at 12:36 PM.