Covid-19 Shelter in Place: Paypal stopped my repayment drafts!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Update...

I did a new UI payment request on April 19th and it was deposited on April 21st... This did include 2 weeks worth of the State UI benefit as well as 2 weeks worth of the new $600 Federal UI benefit..

I experienced no problems at all logging into the state site to file the request. Everything was smooth as butter.. I think Texas has fixed all the server issues and everything is working as it should.

Last week I talked to some of my contractors and they thought I was calling them to assign them projects. They were actually relieved that I was only calling them to just see how they were doing, and not to give them work.. Most of them said they did not want to mess up there UI by accepting work at this time.. One of them even asked me if I did have something for them to do, they would just volunteer there time so that they would not be paid anything.. I explained to them that a company can not have people work for free, so that would not work anyway, and to relax, I wasn't calling them to assign projects. They were relieved.

This may be a serious problem if my business reopens and picks up before the UI runs out... Interested to see how this unfolds.

I am seeing more and more articles hitting the news in regard to the generous UI benefits having negative effects..

For example.
    Bitter Taste For Coffee Shop Owner, As New $600 Jobless Benefit Closed Her Business.
    Last edited by Winning; 04-21-2020 at 12:28 PM.