Disaster Loan Assistance
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 50190 JasonBishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_O View Post
    I don't think it would be a play that some MCA broker would want to do (no huge, next-day double-digit commissions)... but in the short term, maybe it could serve someone who thinks different.

In either case, it's up for sale. I'd like to sell it. Hello opportunists!
    Steve-O I don't think this domain has any value to it as it stands. There may be an opportunity there if there were a pre-existing site to it with some content. So the short term opportunity isn't really there because you still need to get traffic to it which would involve ppc advertising. This same strategy could be used with any newly purchased url and have the same impact in the short term. Domain Names alone do not carry the same weight as they used to like in the dotcom boom in the late 90's.

Senior Member Reputation points: 39236

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBishop View Post
    Steve-O I don't think this domain has any value to it as it stands. There may be an opportunity there if there were a pre-existing site to it with some content. So the short term opportunity isn't really there because you still need to get traffic to it which would involve ppc advertising. This same strategy could be used with any newly purchased url and have the same impact in the short term. Domain Names alone do not carry the same weight as they used to like in the dotcom boom in the late 90's.
    Maybe... I guess that's the whole thing with buying and selling, right? Value is really perceived.

Senior Member Reputation points: 81657

Jason - you are so incorrect - jump over to a Domain Broker - example www.sedo.com there are others, it owned by United Internet AG which I've been part of since 2013 or so.

The Value of Virtual Real Estate is in they eyes of the end user . There are methods of creating & generating traffic without playing the PPC Game. Most business owners are not equipped financial to swim in that pond.

The time is go back to old school methods that we used to generate traffic prior to Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
    Just takes time - patience - and work. Like a turtle crossing the road chasing water - not fast but successful.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 50190 JasonBishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeman07 View Post
    Jason - you are so incorrect - jump over to a Domain Broker - example www.sedo.com there are others, it owned by United Internet AG which I've been part of since 2013 or so.

The Value of Virtual Real Estate is in they eyes of the end user . There are methods of creating & generating traffic without playing the PPC Game. Most business owners are not equipped financial to swim in that pond.

The time is go back to old school methods that we used to generate traffic prior to Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
    Just takes time - patience - and work. Like a turtle crossing the road chasing water - not fast but successful.

Dave,

A Brand New, Unused URL with no existing website or content has the value of its cost present moment. Those Expired URLs or people selling on Sedo or other domain auctions that actually have value are because they generate traffic which is what people are buying. Even if the site no longer operates it still may have some value from its previous traffic and could possibly be used for other purposes or a private blog network. We are talking about a brand new url and the one in question here would probably end up making someone lose money because it could ultimately get shut down. We are not comparing an existing or older url. We are looking at a URL that is brand new. Which anyone that purchases it shouldn't spend more than $12.00 on it.
    Last edited by JasonBishop; 03-25-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Dave,

A Brand New, Unused URL with no existing website or content holds the value of its cost. Those Expired URLs or people selling on Sedo or other domain auctions that actually have value are because they generate traffic which is what people are buying. Even if the site no longer operates it still may have some value from its previous traffic and could possibly be used for other purposes or a private blog network. We are talking about a brand new url and the one in question here would probably end up making someone lose money because it could ultimately get shut down. We are not comparing an existing or older url. We are looking at a URL that is brand new. Which anyone that purchases it shouldn't spend more than $12.00 on it.
    This is correct.

I'd go further: a brand new website, even if you added a ton of content quickly is going to sit in Google's sandbox for 3-6 months. So there's a process with adding value: content and backlinks.

So from an SEO perspective, the keyworks used in a URL can have value, but it takes months to get there. I'm not mad at Steve O's proposition, but the issue is: if you have to wait for up to 6 months for the url to start ranking, and the disaster loan program is no longer relevant, is it really worth it?

Senior Member Reputation points: 81657

Except for the fact that particluar domain is owned by the seller - You cannot purchase that domain

Example, one of the Virtual Real Estate Domains I own is www.usacannabis.attorney

It has no web site - zero traffic - it is difficult to promote any Cannabis Product / Service.

The value is for an Attorney focusing on Cannabis clients is that he/she will generate additional or new clients
    and their billing hours will substantial increase.

I have a specific fee that I want for the domain - had a few offers, but, no one has met my sales price.
    Just like real estate, no one else has this property.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111