Coronavirus - industry implications
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Reputation points: 558

Coronavirus - industry implications

What are you guys doing about this corona virus global pandemic?
    We started screening for many things and we're quicker to turn away import related industries that rely on factories and routes from Asian countries. Now there are currently issues with China, S Korea, Japan, Italy and Iran.

Eli Medina ⎮ Bluebridge Funding
    Operations Manager ⎮ ISO Relations Manager
    Office: 212-444-1000 x108 ⎮ Direct: 718.564.6398 ⎮ Cell: 718-207-3508
    Email: Eli@BlueBridgeFunding.com ⎮ Web: BlueBridgeFunding.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 39760

Does that include Chinese restaurants? LOL. Jk...

Quote Originally Posted by elimedina View Post
    we're quicker to turn away import related industries that rely on factories and routes from Asian countries
    The trade war was bad enough already for import/export businesses. Not touching these with a ten foot poll now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_O View Post
    Does that include Chinese restaurants? LOL. Jk...
    a merch told us that SF Chinese restaurants are empty. No customers.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

What are you guys doing about this corona virus global pandemic?
    We started screening for many things and we're quicker to turn away import related industries that rely on factories and routes from Asian countries. Now there are currently issues with China, S Korea, Japan, Italy and Iran.
    The implications of the Corona virus for our industry are profound. Think about all the connectivity not just from Asia but right here in the US as millions of products and services are disrupted, postponed and cancelled. Who's got merchants with Restaurants, Theaters, and just about anything that requires people and foot traffic? There will be a cascading banquet of counter-party defaults as the daisy chain of payments crumbles. Just saying.

-The Dow Jones crashed another 700 points on Thursday. Down almost 2,000 points overall.
    -A brief Dow recovery was ended as California Governor Gavin Newsom announced 8,400 potential coronavirus cases are being monitored in the state.
    -Further spooking the stock market, Goldman Sachs claimed that the epidemic could cost Trump reelection in November.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

I’m getting a ton of freight and logistic company applications looking for working capital. Contracts are being put on hold for many, and need to bridge their liabilities.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Depends who you ask -- can it potentially spread across america to 50M people ? If that happened ....would Airlines and Restaurant / Entertainment / Shopping Malls / Tourism / & Lavish Spending come to a halt ? Only time will tell!!
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

-The Dow Jones crashed another 700 points on Thursday. Down almost 2,000 points overall.
    -A brief Dow recovery was ended as California Governor Gavin Newsom announced 8,400 potential coronavirus cases are being monitored in the state.
    -Further spooking the stock market, Goldman Sachs claimed that the epidemic could cost Trump reelection in November.
    I disagree --- If it came to America no one would want a new president they would want status Qou plus he would be the best at marketing his efforts and will be able to blame it and the stock market on outside forces -- think about it market was probably do for a correction with no virus it can be put on him (right or wrong) with Virus at play --it cant be pinned on him! its a win win i believe for POTUS ...
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Depends who you ask -- can it potentially spread across america to 50M people ? If that happened ....would Airlines and Restaurant / Entertainment / Shopping Malls / Tourism / & Lavish Spending come to a halt ? Only time will tell!!
    Marcus, it’s already affecting supply chains. I know for a fact that imports from China to the ports in LA and Oakland are already being impacted. When products from China slowdown the scarcity is going to lead to inflation, all while seeing economic growth stagnate. Businesses are going to have to wait longer for supplies, customers are going to pay higher prices.

So this affects more than just person-to-person interactions. This affects the entire economy across the board regardless of sector.

Senior Member Reputation points: 91418

It'll lead to more new merchants looking for financing. And it'll lead to more existing merchants having defaults.

It's cyclical like anything else. Definitely a new angle/pitch for brokers to hook non MCA merchants.

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

I was about to syndicate a restaurant deal today for $30 k. I think I am going to reverse my decision. If this spreads, who is going to want to go out to eat, and possibly get infected?
    I put my contact info in here, and
    was bombarded with spam from funders
    if you need to reach me PM me

Senior Member Reputation points: 340530

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Marcus, it’s already affecting supply chains. I know for a fact that imports from China to the ports in LA and Oakland are already being impacted. When products from China slowdown the scarcity is going to lead to inflation, all while seeing economic growth stagnate. Businesses are going to have to wait longer for supplies, customers are going to pay higher prices.

So this affects more than just person-to-person interactions. This affects the entire economy across the board regardless of sector.
    Not to mentioned this is happening on the heels of plants in China being closed for Chinese New Year. This is NOT helping the supply chain at all and when it spreads it effect consumer spending globally. The US markets have been propped up by consumer confidence for the last 9 months....consumers that have more debt load than ever. If consumer spending erodes.....so does the economy and markets.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

I disagree --- If it came to America no one would want a new president they would want status Qou plus he would be the best at marketing his efforts and will be able to blame it and the stock market on outside forces -- think about it market was probably do for a correction with no virus it can be put on him (right or wrong) with Virus at play --it cant be pinned on him! its a win win i believe for POTUS ...
    What is this crap??

If it came to America (it’s here) and creates nationwide epidemic, voters would want to keep the moron who proposed cutting the CDC and NIH and has no ability to coordinate a global effort because he has no respect from the world?

I get it, he’s your guy. And he may very well win re-election because Bernie Sanders is unelectable, but this rationale you’re using is just dumb af.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    Not to mentioned this is happening on the heels of plants in China being closed for Chinese New Year. This is NOT helping the supply chain at all and when it spreads it effect consumer spending globally. The US markets have been propped up by consumer confidence for the last 9 months....consumers that have more debt load than ever. If consumer spending erodes.....so does the economy and markets.
    Those of us that were in this industry in 2008 might have a different perspective. What has fueled the business the past few years is an abundance of credit/money to fund merchants. As portfolio losses increase, and recession fears grow, credit dries up. The biggest shops will become much more restrictive and/or have difficulty getting access to expanded or new credit facilities. The big banks won't lend in this industry because of the "fear of the unknown." The small shops go away. The high net worth people pull their money from funders and run off existing portfolios.

For the broker community, the ability to place risky merchants and multiple stacks disappears. In 2009, the funders used market leverage to cut commissions. If the recession is mild and/or the fear disappears, we're back to normal. Time will tell.

What is this crap??

If it came to America (it’s here) and creates nationwide epidemic, voters would want to keep the moron who proposed cutting the CDC and NIH and has no ability to coordinate a global effort because he has no respect from the world?

I get it, he’s your guy. And he may very well win re-election because Bernie Sanders is unelectable, but this rationale you’re using is just dumb af.
    I was not talking about isolated cases, which is how i would classify the current situation, what i was saying is if God forbid this rained havoc on the country -- I have NO Doubt DJT would know how to get the country to support him in being the best one fit to handle the tragedy (Now if Dr. Koop was alive and running for president he may be able to steal the show).
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

I was not talking about isolated cases, which is how i would classify the current situation, what i was saying is if God forbid this rained havoc on the country -- I have NO Doubt DJT would know how to get the country to support him in being the best one fit to handle the tragedy (Now if Dr. Koop was alive and running for president he may be able to steal the show).
    It痴 really surprising to find out Marcus Chapman is actually both Diamond and Silk.

It’s really surprising to find out Marcus Chapman is actually both Diamond and Silk.
    I have only seen a few clips from D&S!
    I've been called a Realist my whole life. What was only my Gutt feeling about how POTUS would govern/ lead --- actually turned into facts. for way to long the most important job in our country was given to people that confused efforts with results.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

“38% of Americans wouldn't buy Corona beer "under any circumstances" because of the coronavirus, according to a recent survey.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/28/busin...ing/index.html

Senior Member Reputation points: 5633

We had a Chinese restaurant default on us just last week. Merchants will also use this as an excuse to pause/lower payments even if they not have been impacted yet.

Marcus, I don’t see Americans rallying behind a leader during a crisis who calls the crisis a hoax.

Marcus, I don’t see Americans rallying behind a leader during a crisis who calls the crisis a hoax.
    I am not sure what your reading --- Seems to me that he put his VP to be 100% focused on issue. which means if CDC comes back and says we need to clear 30 Hospitals in strategic locations (example) they have an open line to VP Pence who then is a step from President. (have he put someone involved we never heard of i would be more concerned) --- regarding reelection, depends on the countries situation if its a real nightmare there is a concept of Marshall law were he can remain president during the crises -- I don't think anyone will say lets have Biden Or Bernie manage this crises --So i believe again its a win-win!
    Last edited by mcaguru; 03-02-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

I am not sure what your reading --- Seems to me that he put his VP to be 100% focused on issue. which means if CDC comes back and says we need to clear 30 Hospitals in strategic locations (example) they have an open line to VP Pence who then is a step from President. (have he put someone involved we never heard of i would be more concerned) --- regarding reelection, depends on the countries situation if its a real nightmare there is a concept of Marshall law were he can remain president during the crises -- I don't think anyone will say lets have Biden Or Bernie manage this crises --So i believe again its a win-win!
    He called it a hoax created by his political rivals to hurt him and the stock market. What the hell are you reading?

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Yes, Marcus, if we simply overlook the fact he called it the “new hoax” then he actually didn’t call it a hoax.