Lead and Live Transfer review (part 2)
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Lead and Live Transfer review (part 2)

So, for the last 3 weeks I've been using live transfers I purchased for $45/per lead (50 minimum order) from Landfall Data so here's a quick review for the board about my experience so far.

My definition of a $45 live-transfer lead is one which is exclusively MCA related, is over $30k monthly sales and has a reasonable chance to convert to a funded deal.

*Based on that definition I have received 11 out of 25 sent in 3 weeks.
    *Volume of xfers has been on average 1-2 daily - One day I received 7 but that was only once.
    *Communication with lead providers is good and in real time.
    *Leads tend to be poor quality with many defaults-judgements and misrepresented revenues.

For leads that don't submit statements right away I make multiple call-backs, texts and emails until they submit or tell me to f*#k off lol.

I also have a running, weekly drip email where all leads are kept warm.

Reviewing Landfall while the process is still ongoing is a bit unfair but it's safe to say that based on where we are now it's a 5 out of 10 for me.

I'm hopeful things improve. As things sit right now I'm underwater for the money I've spent on two live xfer providers so far.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32977

NEVER buy live transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmrg View Post
    NEVER buy live transfers.
    So now you tell me? Where were you when I was pleading for guidance?

Actually even though I haven't been able to convert anything substantial yet you never know.

I can't plan for arbitrary happenstance but I know some of my biggest and best deals have come from it!

It seems all leads that are for sale are from merchants that are already looking. To me that means most of them are already in play with multiple lenders/brokers.

Senior Member Reputation points: 14657

Thank you for sharing this. It is very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by capaxess View Post
    So now you tell me? Where were you when I was pleading for guidance?

If you're a one man show, my recommendation is to cold call.

Drawbacks:

1) Tedious
    2) You're consistently abused
    3) Unit count may be less (depending on your skills and hustle)
    4) More of your time spent producing a qualified lead (but it sounds like your time is spent wading through garbage now anyway)

Advantages:

1) More control over the targeted SIC and revenue, so you can create larger/cleaner approvals
    2) Get the merchants that don't just say yes to every offshore telemarketer who offers cash. Those files are less likely to stack you and more likely to renew (you'll need those renewals if you ever want to build a decent shop out)
    3) Cheap. You should be able to create a qualified lead with ~$1 worth of data, versus the stacked felon that you're currently paying $45 for

If you're not new to the business and this advice doesn't apply, consider it my 2 cents for any newbies lingering around.

Quote Originally Posted by OC Funder View Post
    If you're a one man show, my recommendation is to cold call.

Drawbacks:

1) Tedious
    2) You're consistently abused
    3) Unit count may be less (depending on your skills and hustle)
    4) More of your time spent producing a qualified lead (but it sounds like your time is spent wading through garbage now anyway)

Advantages:

1) More control over the targeted SIC and revenue, so you can create larger/cleaner approvals
    2) Get the merchants that don't just say yes to every offshore telemarketer who offers cash. Those files are less likely to stack you and more likely to renew (you'll need those renewals if you ever want to build a decent shop out)
    3) Cheap. You should be able to create a qualified lead with ~$1 worth of data, versus the stacked felon that you're currently paying $45 for

If you're not new to the business and this advice doesn't apply, consider it my 2 cents for any newbies lingering around.
    Actually I do my own calling also 100-300 new dials daily (most days).

My plan to increase deal flow is to combine live transfers, cold calling and drip marketing together while maintaining robust follow-up protocol.

One man shops don't have the over head of a call center and that gives us capital to use for outsourcing. If the live transfers can be vetted for things live monthly revs it's cost effective to it that way.