I agree with you Sean, of course though we are a funder so we do not see the same type of opportunities that other ISO's see from the new trend in the industry. I know that it all goes down to the wording of the contract between the funder and the merchant to indicate the merchant is in breach. I think sometimes analogies always help people to understand a concept at a deeper level.... So here is mine on stacking.

You would not take a car(collateral) to a dealership and say i want to trade my car in but not pay off the car loan on it, instead i would like to keep two separate loan companies while you keep my car and i take the new one home. So now the car owner has the new car at home and as long as he pays that car loan his vehicle is not at risk for repo... but the vehicle he no longer has possession of he could care less because if he defaults on that car loan they no longer have anything to go after and even if they went and took from the car dealership... he still has a car to drive.