New to the Industry.....Any Tips?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Mantis funds em ALL! (many within-hours after of a submission).
    The infamous Marcus.................I’m NEVER sending you a deal!

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack23 View Post
    The infamous Marcus.................I’m NEVER sending you a deal!

Happy New Year!
    Never say never... 10 years ago there were a lot of us that would NEVER fund a 2nd position.

My advice... assuming it's ethical/legal, don't dismiss any possible revenue. You may be targeting large construction deals but then, lo and behold, find that CC processing residuals are paying your mortgage one day.

Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

Quote Originally Posted by OC Funder View Post
    Never say never... 10 years ago there were a lot of us that would NEVER fund a 2nd position.

My advice... assuming it's ethical/legal, don't dismiss any possible revenue. You may be targeting large construction deals but then, lo and behold, find that CC processing residuals are paying your mortgage one day.
    I think OC Funder is 100% right. Started out thinking I was going to be "selling cash advances," but now my biggest revenue streams are coming from real estate and lines of credit and high-risk CC processing. MCAs are fun, but as a true broker, I look as them as a tool.

Buyer Beware: If you cast your net too broadly, you'll do what I did and wallow for a year basically only learning and not focusing and at the same time making hardly any money. You will need an approach for each type of revenue income.

The best way to do that is to find the revenue stream that really makes sense for you, and to outsource and take profit-shares for whatever you don't understand... at least until you understand it! A single $200,000 real estate deal takes about 100 times the amount of man-hours as a single cash advance for $10,000, and it only pays (at best) 4 times the price. So know who you referral partners are who can do it.

Also, while on the topic, if you plan on having employees, find a structure that residual income can make sense to them. No, Bluevine does NOT pay 10 points, and a factor will NOT pay you 3% of the money advanced, and a $5mm term loan also won't pay 5 points. Come up with a structure that you can keep everyone happy, and keeps your business running and liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by OC Funder View Post

Again, NEVER.....unless YS goes under. I prefer YS over Mantis (I’m not trying to **** on Mantis) but based on conversations with peers I think I’m with the right D paper lender. Plus, I have a lot of respect for Isaac for what he has accomplished.