Canadian MCA's - someone needs to jump on this
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Member Reputation points: 1336

Canadian MCA's - someone needs to jump on this

Anyone interested in developing a solid package with me for Canada? There is a massive void waiting to be filled by the right funder and entering the Canadian marketplace isn't something that's for everyone. Several have tried, but most have failed because they haven’t accepted the advice. It just isn't the 51st State.

Since 2008, we've been extremely successful in the Canadian market place from a processing side and somewhat with the MCA's. As many of you know, I was formerly the Sr. VP at OnePay and we were making a push for all of our ISO's to at least try Canada back around 2011. So we partnered with BFS, Principis, and a few others to help launch a campaign to offer advances through our ISO network in the Canadian marketplace. Most ISO's and a few funders struggled with it due to the lack of consideration for the differences between the U.S. and Canada. After I left OnePay, I continued to work both sides of the boarder and have some great relationships who are acquiring hundreds of clients per month.

Currently, I have many Canadian relationships that include two of the fastest growing processing ISO's in Canada who have begun selling MCA's in Canada and have been averaging just shy of $2mill per month in funding. We also have support of parties that can make life really easy if the time is taken to understand and appreciate the caveats of the landscape.

One downside with many of the funders for Canada is that they never adopted the culture and systems to really provide a solid package to offer in Canada. On the other hand, those funders that truly understand the Canadian market just do not have an outstanding compensation package that really motivates an ISO or they just do not have an ISO channel at all.

So if any funders are interested in speaking about a strategic partnership, contact me asap.

888-345-3053,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSodon View Post
    Anyone interested in developing a solid package with me for Canada? There is a massive void waiting to be filled by the right funder and entering the Canadian marketplace isn't something that's for everyone. Several have tried, but most have failed because they haven’t accepted the advice. It just isn't the 51st State.

Since 2008, we've been extremely successful in the Canadian market place from a processing side and somewhat with the MCA's. As many of you know, I was formerly the Sr. VP at OnePay and we were making a push for all of our ISO's to at least try Canada back around 2011. So we partnered with BFS, Principis, and a few others to help launch a campaign to offer advances through our ISO network in the Canadian marketplace. Most ISO's and a few funders struggled with it due to the lack of consideration for the differences between the U.S. and Canada. After I left OnePay, I continued to work both sides of the boarder and have some great relationships who are acquiring hundreds of clients per month.

Currently, I have many Canadian relationships that include two of the fastest growing processing ISO's in Canada who have begun selling MCA's in Canada and have been averaging just shy of $2mill per month in funding. We also have support of parties that can make life really easy if the time is taken to understand and appreciate the caveats of the landscape.

One downside with many of the funders for Canada is that they never adopted the culture and systems to really provide a solid package to offer in Canada. On the other hand, those funders that truly understand the Canadian market just do not have an outstanding compensation package that really motivates an ISO or they just do not have an ISO channel at all.

So if any funders are interested in speaking about a strategic partnership, contact me asap.

888-345-3053,

Mark

Talk to Dave Goldin at Amerimerchant. He knows that market well and has a product for it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared_Weitz View Post
    Talk to Dave Goldin at Amerimerchant. He knows that market well and has a product for it already.
    Thanks, good call. They use to work under CanaFunding too. He refereed me to True North. Spoke to Mark Christie who referred me to Mitch Levy (mcc). Still waiting for Mark or Mitch to call me back. *hint to call me please*

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSodon View Post
    Thanks, good call. They use to work under CanaFunding too. He refereed me to True North. Spoke to Mark Christie who referred me to Mitch Levy (mcc). Still waiting for Mark or Mitch to call me back. *hint to call me please*
    Mitch isn't at MCC anymore. He's been at Amerimerchant for a while now.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GRP Funding View Post
    Mitch isn't at MCC anymore. He's been at Amerimerchant for a while now.
    yeah lol. that happened like 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    yeah lol. that happened like 2 years ago.
    Agree. Just wanted to make sure we were referencing the same person. On another note, I received some good calls today about this topic so, again, compliments to the forum admins for providing the platform to make these things happen.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I would venture to guess that there are 150K-200K Canadian businesses that would qualify for a merchant cash advance in the first place. It's a very small market relative to the US. A power dialer and a team of 10 telemarketers could go through this list in three months. Optimistically, with a 1-2 percent pull through rate you'll probably generate 3000 apps and fund 30-40% of them if you aren't competing. And then the logistics can be a nightmare. How do you arrange site inspections in the deep wasteland of Yukon territory? Canada is bigger than the US and the people are all spread out.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 10-01-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Sponsor Reputation points: 126 freddy's Avatar

Business Credit & Capital are able to fund in Ontario. We have been there for a year now. Business began ramping up in June and is still growing.
    Freddy Zalta
    President
    Cash Crunch Advance, LLC
    Direct 1-888-275-1090
    freddy@cashcrunchadvance.com