Anyone know if Byzfunder is a direct lender
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 10961

Anyone know if Byzfunder is a direct lender

Got an email with a lot of promises 18 point commissions blah blah blah. Never seen them in banks and never heard of them. Anyone work with them before?

Senior Member Reputation points: 227883

They are direct, I got paid 18, I saw them in the statements and saw their payoff letter even

Thanks

They have a broker side called ByzLoan. Some of the same ISO reps who call brokers to sign them up also outbound merchants directly. They say ByzLoan and ByzFunder are completely seperate.

That's not good. Any backdooring?

My rep on the funding side just called me telling me a merchant was up for renewal and to collect the banks for them.

Cool thanks

I cannot prove any backdooring but I know that ByzLoan is calling a google voice number that can only be found on some old applications (I have never sent an application to ByzFunder or ByzLoan)

Senior Member Reputation points: 51397 DTFdowntofund's Avatar

Way to bite off Bizfi

Senior Member Reputation points: 25752

they fund and broker

I can confirm for you that ByzFunder is a separate entity apart from ByzLoan, as our partner's information is kept secure. Additionally, we will not be reaching out to your merchants personally unless we're given the 'OK' to do so, in that case your Partner Manager or Underwriter will be reaching out to them. Contact me today by email or phone to go over our policies and our procedures we've put in place to be open and transparent with our partnerships.

David M. Sica
    Business Development Manager
    Desk: 646.741.2929
    Direct: 347.831.4336
    Dsica@ByzFunder.com
    www.Byzfunder.com
    Last edited by ByzFunderDS; 01-10-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 7717

Isn't both companies owned by Ilya Friedman, thought he was the VP of Sales all these yrs at BFS

Senior Member Reputation points: 44171

There both Byzfunder and Byzloan are just affilates of BFS

hm are they affiliated with Vetted Partners, those apps are everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by mcashark View Post
    Isn't both companies owned by Ilya Friedman, thought he was the VP of Sales all these yrs at BFS
    I spoke with one of their ISO reps, I believe his name was Greg. He was a bit rude & once I started asking some tough question's he would side step the issue. Didn't have a good feeling about it, so I looked up the owner's & found most of them once worked at BFS.
    Last edited by Jack23; 03-17-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack23 View Post
    I spoke with one of their ISO reps, I believe his name was Greg. He was a bit rude & once I started asking some tough question's he would side step the issue. Didn't have a good feeling about it, so I looked up the owner's & found most of them once worked at BFS.
    I have been paid 17 points from them. Directly. Seen the banks. Directly.

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

Good guys BFS. Some solid offers

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    I have been paid 17 points from them. Directly. Seen the banks. Directly.
    Micah,

I'm glad you made 17 point's...good for you. But the point of this thread is asking if they are direct or a broker?
    The intent of this forum is to share our experience's in the industry, good, bad or indifferent. I gave my two cents... since we live in the age of information, I was able to put the pieces together a la DUE DILIGENCE. I believe many people on this forum have said time & time again is the best course of action, to vet WHO YOU WORK WITH? The FACT remains from all empirical data they are a white label of BFS Capital. Also, given a certain lawsuit BFS is currently dealing with right now..I wouldn't put it past them to do something shady. So my question to you is this, why are you so insistent on bringing out the pom poms for them?

They are a direct funder and not a broker. I work with them currently, and know other ISO's that do as well. They are an A-B paper 2nd+ position funder that provides conservative offers. They pay high comp when they like a file, but will typically come in a bit lower on the funding amount compared to other B funders.

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

based on one of their linkedin personnel:

"ByzFunder is a Direct Lender with a uniquely different blueprint and platform that is not typically used in the MCA business. Some of our blueprints consist of requiring NO landlord verification, funding within 4 HOURS once all stipulations are met, AMAZING broker incentives and a host of others, as very few lenders do this. My input was used to help develop a platform and internal process that has been in development over the last 12 months. ByzFunder has being funding loans for the past 16 months and has been consistently doing over 1.5 million a month in volume. We just raised a 30-million-dollar line of equity and we are looking to put the most money out as WE possibly can. We are EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE.
    I encourage ALL MCA BROKERS to reach out to me so we can get you aboard with ByzFunder. I hold experience in EVERY aspect of this Industry and will undeniably be the best ISO Relations-Manager you have ever worked with. I can get things done."

is Ilya involved or not?

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

I see where your going with it. some of their personnel worked at bfs and entrust that has connections.....

he was at the dbanked shows representing BFS has the VP of sales, I believe he was a panel speaker also, so are you telling me they had this company set up since 2018

I don't really care about pom poms, I just know that they paid me 17 points, and brokers don't do that. If they were brokers, then I don't really care. Heck, I think everyone is a broker according to some definitions, since most of the money isn't really theirs and they're just borrowing from a LOC at 10% and reselling it as MCA for 35%+.

BTW, they also called me directly about a renewal when it was time.

Brokers or not, they pay well and play a nice game. We've had this discussion on this forum before, you can look it up on the search bar above.

Quote Originally Posted by mcashark View Post
    he was at the dbanked shows representing BFS has the VP of sales, I believe he was a panel speaker also, so are you telling me they had this company set up since 2018
    The only connection I was able to find via FL SOS, was Byzloan is owned by some guy named Jonathan Ravens. Who if you google him you will see he was a Branch Manager for BFS, but before that he was a Registered Agent of R&L Capital with llya as a Director. Not a smoking gun if he is also behind Byzloan aka Funder...but you never know. However, what is interesting is if BFS Capital had a satellite office under a different corporate entity, you can make the argument that they would do it again? Based on my understanding from a earlier post a while back, they have been accused of calling their ISO client's with out the broker's permission or knowledge? But you know what they say "Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice...." or my personal favorite.."What doesn't come out in the wash, comes out in the rinse."
    Last edited by Jack23; 03-17-2020 at 03:26 PM.