Forward Financing on DataMerch
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 22609

Forward Financing on DataMerch

I see Forward posting on DataMerch if a merchant even misses ONE payment. Is anyone else noticing that there are a ton of Forward Financing "defaults" on DataMerch that are published incorrectly?

Banned Reputation points: 179851

DataMerch is stupid.

I know funders who essentially will post on DataMerch just to lock in merchants.

Just like the above example, one missed payment - boom lets post in datamerch, this way we can keep renewing them and it will deter other funders.

DataMerch IMO is a complete waste. A Good IDEA, but no. I've seen merchants tagged for Fraudulent Statements because they scanned in and it came out uneven, or "askew" if you will.

its frustrating when a good file is auto declined for datamerch. the plus side is not all lenders use datamerch so its not a death sentance.

Senior Member Reputation points: 305505

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    DataMerch is stupid.

I know funders who essentially will post on DataMerch just to lock in merchants.

Just like the above example, one missed payment - boom lets post in datamerch, this way we can keep renewing them and it will deter other funders.

DataMerch IMO is a complete waste. A Good IDEA, but no. I've seen merchants tagged for Fraudulent Statements because they scanned in and it came out uneven, or "askew" if you will.

its frustrating when a good file is auto declined for datamerch. the plus side is not all lenders use datamerch so its not a death sentance.
    fully agree

Senior Member Reputation points: 44858

anyone else agree or disagree on data merch views ? anyone else know cost? etc?

Senior Member Reputation points: 31326

as a funder what would you do if you see a datamerch default from 2015. The merchant closed that bank account so you cant see statements and the and background/courts dont show any judgement's?

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    DataMerch is stupid.

most def agree. I have had merchants who were put on Datamerch and were not supposed to be. Provided documentation proving they weren't supposed to be as well, other merchant appear on there when funder found out they were shopping around the deal get declined, two days later magically not on datamerch anymore. its a good idea to have but misused by many funders/ledners

Senior Member Reputation points: 32977

Datamerch had the right intentions but I also agree that funders abuse it and it's flawed.

Senior Member Reputation points: 71352

Datamerch is supposed to be taken with a grain of salt in my opinion.
    Thank you,

Lior Monus
    Business Development Manager
    CFG Merchant Solutions

Direct: (646) 880-6764
    Cell: (516) 319-5826
    Fax: (646) 278-7322
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    180 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038

www.cfgmerchantsolutions.com