Didn't get the client but still feels DAMN GOOD
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Didn't get the client but still feels DAMN GOOD

Just a pat on my own back even thought I know I'm solid...This is the email reply from a potential client I was working on and yet in two month will still touch base...

"My apologies. I believe that xxx gave the go ahead and signed on with the other accounting firm. Unfortunately we wont be meeting today, but I thank you for your time and appreciate your tenacity. If I had only a few sales people who were as persistent and thorough as you, I'd be doing 10x the $'s we do now. Good luck, and thanks again for your time"

So if you you receive countless emails from me, unless you block me, I'm going to still call and email because I never do and never will stop the hustle

Dassi Cole
    Better Accounting Solutions
    Dassic@betteraccountingsolutions.com
    347-416-3928

Senior Member Reputation points: 19288

You didnt get the sale tho, thats what matters. Cant pay your bills with praise.

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Quote Originally Posted by FCG View Post
    You didnt get the sale tho, thats what matters. Cant pay your bills with praise.
    True

I didn't let it affect me and stop my day feeling bad and give up, not today not tomorrow and not in a month. That's what matters.

Banned Reputation points: 179851

I wish i could be an optimistic person. im a ****ing dick though. I legit envy always finding the good in situations though.

I didn't get them today.. I will tomorrow.. And I have proven that to myself.. That email will become a client one day and in the meantime I'm picking up the phone / emailing / texting to my others in pipedrive. Be a dick just never ever give up!

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    I wish i could be an optimistic person. im a ****ing dick though. I legit envy always finding the good in situations though.
    Someone in the office was grumpy that it was Monday, I told him not to be so sad, Monday is the 7th best day of the week
    #Perspective

Senior Member Reputation points: 20323

The second part of the message is a great testimonial, true.
    It’s the first half I’d be attacking. Most times, instruction is better Than praise. Why weren’t you in step with both xxx and the client So that he couldn’t blind side you?

Was he not part of the initial Back and forth and if he wasn’t, why wasn’t he identified as a key Player. If he was known, what made him make a decision To cut you out without giving you chance to address his current concerns.

I’d rather hear about what you took away from this scenario
    That you can use in the future to get to the finish line.

Www.UccRadar.com

Good points Franklin. When it comes to partner relationships I have seen that they aren't always on the same page.. and thus one partner (this particular one) didn't know his partner was indeed shopping around. What's odd is that I did meet both partners at the first initial meeting. Even before this scenario, I have been very careful during first initial conversation / sales pitch, to make sure I'm speaking with a decision maker / C.E.O / COO AND also questioning who the partners are (if any) and then making sure all decision makers are on the same page. The idea of my post was not for self praise, but simply stating that instead of giving up on their "we went with another cpa" I'm still hustling and will keep them in my pipe drive because I never know in a month or two months from now, their new accountant may not work out. - Their new accountant most probably won't work out as that's what I have been seeing being we service 10% of this industry and growing daily.

Senior Member Reputation points: 20323

So based on your answer, the partners have internal issues if they making key decisions outside of each other’s purview, and when accounting is concerned, that’s a great way for money to magically end up in the Cayman Islands, along with the partner, half the company profits, and the accounting firms secretary, so maybe you were better off somewhere else.

Www.UccRadar.com