Criminal background Deal
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Criminal background Deal

Looking to fund a merchant that criminal history who out there will work with it?

Senior Member Reputation points: 212

How criminal? what pos?
    Eli S.
    FOx Business Funding
    Iso manager
    347. 562. 8796
    elis@foxbusinessfunding.com

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCS123 View Post
    Looking to fund a merchant that criminal history who out there will work with it?
    Depends on the crime charged with

Banned Reputation points: 179851

If its any Fraud/Financial Crime - Throw it away.

But I've Funded Murderers and Rapists (Date Rapist when they were younger, so he says) - and My old shop they funded a convicted pedophile (I WAS SHOCKED) which IMO is worse. WAY WORSE..... Than writing a bad check ONCE - Underwriters are lopsided as **** sometimes

Senior Member Reputation points: 44858

inb4 mantis would fund.

CAN Capital doesn't do background checks. I know this for a fact as I had a similar situation with a dentist that was declined by everyone else I submitted his application to.

Brokered a deal years ago- merchant served 18 months in prison, multiple news stories, that whole thing.. for check & bank fraud and identity theft ... Prior BFS defualt to top it off!

Actually Got the guy $75k and then renewed ... I forget who funded it but not all lenders do background checks. (and apparently UW misses things) Deals will slip through the cracks from time to time
    Michael Brandt, President
    Champion Capital Inc.
    908-777-0639 | funding@championcapital.net

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionCapital View Post
    Brokered a deal years ago- merchant served 18 months in prison, multiple news stories, that whole thing.. for check & bank fraud and identity theft ... Prior BFS defualt to top it off! Michael Brandt, President
    Champion Capital Inc.
    908-777-0639 | funding@championcapital.net

Actually Got the guy $75k and then renewed ... I forget who funded it but not all lenders do background checks. (and apparently UW misses things) Deals will slip through the cracks from time to time
    Let us all remember your name, someone that pushes bad merchants for funding. "Complicity is the act of helping or encouraging another individual to commit a crime. It is also commonly referred to as aiding and abetting. One who is complicit is said to be an accomplice. But, even though an accomplice does not actually commit the crime, his or her actions helped someone in the commission of the crime."

So if that merchant every defaulted again you are an aid to that!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    If its any Fraud/Financial Crime - Throw it away.

But I've Funded Murderers and Rapists (Date Rapist when they were younger, so he says) - and My old shop they funded a convicted pedophile (I WAS SHOCKED) which IMO is worse. WAY WORSE..... Than writing a bad check ONCE - Underwriters are lopsided as **** sometimes
    Agreed, Underwriters are going look at the type of offense. Also, how long ago the offense occurred.

Cooper and many other high risk funders are going to look past drug and other offenses that occurred years ago when the merchant was basically a kid.

Robert S Bloink
    EVP of ISO Partnerships
    Direct: 248-341-9477
    Email: bb@cooperasset.com
    Web: www.cooperasset.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

Quote Originally Posted by brokerCompany View Post
    Let us all remember your name, someone that pushes bad merchants for funding. "Complicity is the act of helping or encouraging another individual to commit a crime. It is also commonly referred to as aiding and abetting. One who is complicit is said to be an accomplice. But, even though an accomplice does not actually commit the crime, his or her actions helped someone in the commission of the crime."

So if that merchant every defaulted again you are an aid to that!
    Hmmmm.