What the deal with COJ's?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 31326

What the deal with COJ's?

From what I understood Cuomo has till today to sign the bill. No news on whether he did.

Anyone know anything?

Senior Member Reputation points: 48369 stackcity_4208's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happyman View Post
    From what I understood Cuomo has till today to sign the bill. No news on whether he did.

Anyone know anything?
    Last edited by stackcity_4208; 08-12-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stackcity_4208 View Post
    At Lending Valley we have no cojs on our agreements
    Fantastic. That wasnt my question.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by stackcity_4208 View Post
    At Lending Valley we have no cojs on our agreements
    Website says you guys do SBA loans. No COJs on your SBA loans?

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happyman View Post

Anyone know anything?
    So here's what I found out...

Technically, through procedural maneuvering, his signature can be put off until December 31st. And here's why: The governor has 30 days to sign a bill when the legislature is not in session (which right now it is not), however when the legislature is in session, he has only 10 days to sign it once it's been delivered to him. I emphasized that last part because the legislature can withhold "delivery" of the bill to the governor and prevent the 10-day clock from starting. So when they're ready to deliver that bill, they can artificially act as though they're in session and deliver the bill to the governor and kick off the 10-day clock. So they could deliver it to him today and he could sign it today, or they could deliver it on December 30th and he could sign it on December 31st. There's no way to know.

He has signed many bills from the last legislative session into law already so he can sign this one at any time. However, it's public record that it hasn't even been "delivered" to him yet.

Apparently, the constitutionality or practicality of bills is not thoroughly considered until after the legislature has already passed them and hence they can use this delay maneuver to make sure they fix any problems with them. They can also just delay based on what's a priority to them or what the best time would be to use the signing as a public relations or campaigning opportunity etc. We'll never know what they're thinking or why they're delaying. It could be for some reason or no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post

Technically, through procedural maneuvering, his signature can be put off until December 31st. And here's why: The governor has 30 days to sign a bill when the legislature is not in session (which right now it is not), however when the legislature is in session, he has only 10 days to sign it once it's been delivered to him. I emphasized that last part because the legislature can withhold "delivery" of the bill to the governor and prevent the 10-day clock from starting. So when they're ready to deliver that bill, they can artificially act as though they're in session and deliver the bill to the governor and kick off the 10-day clock. So they could deliver it to him today and he could sign it today, or they could deliver it on December 30th and he could sign it on December 31st. There's no way to know.

He has signed many bills from the last legislative session into law already so he can sign this one at any time. However, it's public record that it hasn't even been "delivered" to him yet.

Apparently, the constitutionality or practicality of bills is not thoroughly considered until after the legislature has already passed them and hence they can use this delay maneuver to make sure they fix any problems with them. They can also just delay based on what's a priority to them or what the best time would be to use the signing as a public relations or campaigning opportunity etc. We'll never know what they're thinking or why they're delaying. It could be for some reason or no reason.
    @stackcity_4208, this is what I was looking for, not some self promotion.

Thank you Sean

Senior Member Reputation points: 49585 CraaaCraaa Radio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post

Thanks Sean!!!
    Disclaimer
    This message brought to you by
    :

CraaaCraaa Radio ®

http://debanked.com/merchant-cash-ad...nce-directory/

World of MCA
    E.V.P Business Development