Does anyone pay down balances very short term to enable another 1st to go through?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Does anyone pay down balances very short term to enable another 1st to go through?

Have a merchant with an existing 1st position of $26k, paying $200 per day.

I have a new 1st position offer that merchant likes for $44k, the new deal will lower daily payment by approx $100 a day. But this new offer can only go through if merchant nets 50%. So the merchant's existing balance needs to be down to $22k for this new deal to work. Merchant does NOT want to take a 2nd position. But also can't wait another 20 days to get the new deal. And he doesn't have $4k to pay down the balance himself.

Are there any funders that will do a very small ultra-short term deal paid directly to the existing funding company in order to get the merchant's balance below the required threshold. For example, would anyone do $5k and get paid back in 1 to 3 days at a 1.2x after new deal funds--funds would go directly to the existing funding company, not to the merchant... I know this would be a lot of work for such a small deal and I know a lot could go wrong and the merchant could end up not getting the new deal if the new lender kills it for some reason...so maybe not worth it...but just wondering if any funders do or would do something like this? Please DM if so..thanks

Senior Member Reputation points: 71352

So someones offering 44k at $100 daily? That's basically a 3 year deal... Are you sure?

Also, someone funding the deal for 5k to lower his current funders balance will only move the debt from funder A to funder B. The 44k offer will now need to pay off two positions instead of one and the deal will die. I don't think this is a scenario that you should take or one that is even possible.

Have the merchant wait a week or two and take the 44k, or scramble to find 3-4k to lower his own balance without taking on more debt in the meantime.

Good luck man.
    Thank you,

Lior Monus
    Business Development Manager
    CFG Merchant Solutions

Direct: (646) 880-6764
    Cell: (516) 319-5826
    Fax: (646) 278-7322
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    180 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038

www.cfgmerchantsolutions.com

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Quote Originally Posted by Lmonus View Post
    So someones offering 44k at $100 daily? That's basically a 3 year deal... Are you sure?

Also, someone funding the deal for 5k to lower his current funders balance will only move the debt from funder A to funder B. The 44k offer will now need to pay off two positions instead of one and the deal will die. I don't think this is a scenario that you should take or one that is even possible.

Have the merchant wait a week or two and take the 44k, or scramble to find 3-4k to lower his own balance without taking on more debt in the meantime.

Good luck man.
    What Lior Said.

Also. I just Had a Merchant Pay Down a Rapid Deal HIMSELF, so He could be ready for a renewal.

He just GETS the money right back...... at Funding... If you think about it, and explain it right.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by Lmonus View Post

Good luck man.
    i think he is trying to fool the funder so they will fund and than pay you back .

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

who gave a 3yr deal on 44k? ...you can also see if funder will just up amount by 4k to make deal work. Its the end of the month they may be wiling to