Shopify
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by cmarks View Post
    Shopify is an ecommerce, website builder first, capital provider second. Thats why they and Square and anyone else doing it this way are different, they are already 'partners' with these ecommerce companies, by them essentially paying rent to operate using their platform. Not everyone can just get into that unless they merge or acquire, as previously mentioned by someone.
    Amazon Sold Books ... American Express was a mail delivery company as well as many companies initial starts .... its very clear up in Ottawa to Harley Finkelstein,how the funding division is quickly coming an enormous profit machine and with Billions to acquire and / or build we may see them position themselves perhaps right into a leading position offering capital to business owners.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    ——————————————————————————
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Banned Reputation points: 7556 cmarks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Amazon Sold Books ... American Express was a mail delivery company as well as many companies initial starts .... its very clear up in Ottawa to Harley Finkelstein,how the funding division is quickly coming an enormous profit machine and with Billions to acquire and / or build we may see them position themselves perhaps right into a leading position offering capital to business owners.
    Yes Marcus, and Amazon profits more from their AWS by billions more than selling products, but Shopifys competitive advantage is their website builder and all the apps that come with it. Their cost of money is not unique.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

I get it...lets see how Shopify plays out ..I am personally predicting them up their play in the capital to merchants space.... time will tell if i am correct.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    ——————————————————————————
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    I get it...lets see how Shopify plays out ..I am personally predicting them up their play in the capital to merchants space.... time will tell if i am correct.

"Everything takes the path of least resistance: water, electricity, and Google maps."

So if they can make money in that space quicker, faster, & easier why wouldn't they.

The only thing I could see that could put the brakes on even more huge companies going direct to there customer base is if there was some sort of future resistance added (IE. Government Regulation)..