Are you looking to become an expert in the Equipment Finance & Leasing Space?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 17365 jfeinberg's Avatar

Are you looking to become an expert in the Equipment Finance & Leasing Space?

As most of you know Everlasting Capital is big in the Equipment Finance & Leasing space.

Equipment Broker School is a Equipment Finance & Leasing online training program for ISO shops that are looking to get into the equipment finance space, or for ISO shops that have been in the industry but want to freshen up and learn more about it.

We created this online training because after talking to many many people in the MCA industry for the past few years, most have very little knowledge on Equipment Financing & Leasing. Which is unfortunate because they are losing out on a lot of revenue by not knowing it.

My business partner Will Murphy and I spoke at the most recent Debanked broker fair, and asked the question to everyone who attended "Raise your hand if you currently offer equipment financing". Only 4 people out of 60 raised there hand! It was shocking.

August 1st is the launch date of Equipment Broker School.

Save your spot by clicking the link below.

www.equipmentbrokerschool.com

quick question, do you guys do leasebacks?
    The Rose Funder l 917.228.4970
    bander@therosefunder.com
    Highlands NJ 07732
    http://www.therosefunder.com

Quote Originally Posted by therosefunder View Post
    quick question, do you guys do leasebacks?
    We do! Send an email to ISO@everlastingcapital.com requesting an ISO agreement.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

is your goal that we should send business through you or learn it on our own?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    is your goal that we should send business through you or learn it on our own?
    Our goal is mainly to educate brokers the art and craft of Equipment Finance.

If someone decides to utilize us for processing, and accessing different lenders. That is their decision. If someone wants to work with the lenders directly, that is also the option they have. Most of the lenders wont accept "newbies" at first. However we are actively working with lenders on being able to accept the certificate of completion in replacement for references. Either way it is a win/win!

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

interesting you say that. i do believe MCA companies will check more under the hood over the next few years when boarding ISO's.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    interesting you say that. i do believe MCA companies will check more under the hood over the next few years when boarding ISO's.
    As they should! First step would be stop accepting ISO's with gmail, yahoo, and hotmail accounts.

Banned Reputation points: 7556 cmarks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Already have, with us

Quote Originally Posted by cmarks View Post
    Already have, with us
    If you don't mind sharing, what factors are making it so you guys wont want to work with someone?

Member Reputation points: 817 Jplummer's Avatar

We vet all brokers. We require all brokers to provide 3 references that are willing to vouch for their performance. We also check the brokers credit, ask for some type of resume or bio from the broker (sometimes we just use LinkedIn) and do a mild back ground check. We don't mind if someone is using a Gmail or Yahoo account. What we are truly looking for is good character. Sometimes that is hard to come by.
    Jim Plummer
    Quality Leasing Co., Inc.
    A Tom Wood Automotive Company
    Office: 317-253-4415
    Direct: 317-845-8768
    Fax: 317-688-6420
    Cell: 317-512-9618
    www.qualityleasingco.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jplummer View Post
    We vet all brokers. We require all brokers to provide 3 references that are willing to vouch for their performance. We also check the brokers credit, ask for some type of resume or bio from the broker (sometimes we just use LinkedIn) and do a mild back ground check. We don't mind if someone is using a Gmail or Yahoo account. What we are truly looking for is good character. Sometimes that is hard to come by.

That is typical in the Equipment Finance & Leasing industry, its only the matter of time before the MCA space does the same, which will condense the industry for the better!

Quote Originally Posted by jfeinberg View Post
    If you don't mind sharing, what factors are making it so you guys wont want to work with someone?
    Well this is exactly why our platform was created. Certainly funders will use background checks and other searches, but if you have a place where you can see rating and reviews of other industry stakeholders, just like consumers use sites like yelp and funders use Datamerch, we are a primary place for funders to get a better understanding of ISOs. We will also have ratings aggregated from other sites.

Senior Member Reputation points: 306908

Well this is exactly why our platform was created. Certainly funders will use background checks and other searches, but if you have a place where you can see rating and reviews of other industry stakeholders, just like consumers use sites like yelp and funders use Datamerch, we are a primary place for funders to get a better understanding of ISOs. We will also have ratings aggregated from other sites.
    where do you get any info on an iso shop to put it up ?

i believe national/quickbridge said they did or is going to do ,get rid of any iso without an office .

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

I would like to learn more about the Equipment Finance & Leasing Space.

But... I'm not a broker
    I have a small scale manufacturing business here in the USA. There are automated machines that can replace some of my skilled laborers. The investment to convert my skilled laborer manufacturing process to a digital manufacturing process would be an investment of at least $125K in computerized manufacturing equipment. So I would like to have complete education/understanding of all the math, & fundamentals that it takes to come up with the numbers on doing something like that.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    I would like to learn more about the Equipment Finance & Leasing Space.

But... I'm not a broker
    I have a small scale manufacturing business here in the USA. There are automated machines that can replace some of my skilled laborers. The investment to convert my skilled laborer manufacturing process to a digital manufacturing process would be an investment of at least $125K in computerized manufacturing equipment. So I would like to have complete education/understanding of all the math, & fundamentals that it takes to come up with the numbers on doing something like that.
    Winning,

Before going off and buying equipment, I highly recommend hiring a manufacturing process consultant to examine the operations and need. They can give you a clear picture of equipment need, costs, and financial analysis of what it ultimately means to the bottom line. There is a cost of hiring the advisor, but it can save you the cost of buying the wrong equipment. There are a lot of operational improvement advisors in the US. Some are small shops and others are quite large.

KH
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    Before going off and buying equipment, I highly recommend hiring a manufacturing process consultant to examine the operations and need..
    +1...
    Notice that I said..
    I would like to have complete education/understanding of all the math, & fundamentals ...
    There is a lot more to the puzzle than being able to buy the equipment.. And I just don't know if my current business can fully harness the power of a "Fire Breathing Dragon".

In the past when I have pondered going digital, I use the analogy of a Fire Breathing Dragon.
    In the event there were a such thing, and in the event I could afford to purchase it, what would I do with it?
    It wouldn't be smart to buy a fire breathing dragon to start a camp fire...

+1...
    Notice that I said..

There is a lot more to the puzzle than being able to buy the equipment.. And I just don't know if my current business can fully harness the power of a "Fire Breathing Dragon".

In the past when I have pondered going digital, I use the analogy of a Fire Breathing Dragon.
    In the event there were a such thing, and in the event I could afford to purchase it, what would I do with it?
    It wouldn't be smart to buy a fire breathing dragon to start a camp fire...
    Winning,

That's great! This training covers everything you will need to understand the math, and everything in between.

Head over to www.equipmentbrokerschool.com and sign up!

Head over to www.equipmentbrokerschool.com and sign up!
    So this is open to the public so to speak? I don't have to be a broker?

Also
    How does your program compare to going through the CLFP Curriculum?

So this is open to the public so to speak? I don't have to be a broker?

Also
    How does your program compare to going through the CLFP Curriculum?
    Correct. This is open to the public!

As far as comparison, we have not taken the course. So I can't state if one is better than the other, we do know that their online training is dated. So this would be a more new age training course, where you can go at your own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    where do you get any info on an iso shop to put it up ?
    We get our information from public sources, industry knowledge and experience.

We get our information from public sources, industry knowledge and experience.
    So basically someone is paying for your opinion.
    I am not sure I am fully understanding ,maybe you can give an example

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Really, it’s just a service selling lists of ISOs to funders. Of course, the white label brokers will just buy these lists and bombard the living **** out of us. Get ready for even more spam emails and phone calls all day at the most inconvenient times with some white label guy wanting to talk about how you can start sending them deals and they’ll even pay you a whole 8 points on a 1.49.

No, every subscriber will be able to rate and review, so you will have that access to those reviews and other intel from approved subscribers, though we will also review those that we know. Think of a rating system like Uber for example, it makes instant impact for the driver to rate you, you might not get picked up next time if your rating drops... The consumer in our industry being the merchant, doesnt play into this, yet anyway. Its funders and lenders only.
    There are other benefits, visit us funderintel.com and message us there. TY

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Really, it’s just a service selling lists of ISOs to funders. Of course, the white label brokers will just buy these lists and bombard the living **** out of us. Get ready for even more spam emails and phone calls all day at the most inconvenient times with some white label guy wanting to talk about how you can start sending them deals and they’ll even pay you a whole 8 points on a 1.49.
    Thats actually the smallest part of our service, and we dont sell to just anyone. The main goal is to push for better business practices from isos, which has been discussed at every level at length.
    Last edited by cmarks; 07-19-2019 at 08:00 PM.