A Different Kind of Threat to MCA???
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Banned Reputation points: 306

Lightbulb A Different Kind of Threat to MCA???

I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw SelfLender on stage at TechCrunch Disrupt a while ago. Incredible product and value proposition.

If a SelfLender for business pops up, credit scores rise, rates come down??? I see it being an asset to getting previous declines converted into qualified MCA's, while nipping away at renewals and lifetime MCA customers...

With everyone paying attention to the new funding companies who come in on a mission to win market share, it may be wise to look at the periphery a bit too.

I don't see this business model effecting the MCA market too much. The main attraction to MCA is that it is fast money. The money provided by SelfLender is not fast. If you read in their "how it works" section, they clearly state that the person taking out the loan has no access to the money until after it is paid back. That is how they can afford to have 0% interest and no fees. Their money just sits in that escrow account until they have paid the full amount, and then they have access to it. As long as MCA clients fit the profile of needing quick access to funds, I don't see how something like this would effect the market at all.