Pharma
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 227860

Pharma

Okay, yet again a deal that makes sense as an investment comes my way, I got close to an offer, but the lender doesn't have the ability to underwrite part of the deal.

We need to find a way to collateralize some big pharmaceuticals that are in the developmental stage as a bridge.

Their market cap is on the London exchange, even though they're located in California. I have a lender for the real estate, but I need a lender who can somehow collateralize some of the drugs that they have formulated and have a Token offering for the drugs coming up in the near future (which would take out this bridge loan), and they want to take on debt to prevent themselves from having to sell drugs at this stage, which is a difference of 10x their worth.

I can get the real estate portion done, but I need some help if there's some way to collateralize these pre-revenue, developmental drugs that have existing buyers (if they wanted to sell) for $150mm.

More details if you have an idea.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Micah,

Your best bet if finding a biotech focused hedge fund that will do a convertible note. If they are pre-revenue and public it is probably the way to go, but you may want to check securities laws in the state where the company is based. Convertible notes in public companies have somewhat of an equity component and may require appropriate licenses.

KH
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 227860

There is someone dealing with the equity part here, that's how it came to me. I have their agreement for the convertible debt, I'm not touching that anyway. The lender thinks there may be a way to secure it, but if it doesn't exist, it doesn't exist.

I posted here looking for solutions, not for the problems. By now Kevin, I'm sure you can appreciate that I understand the challenges here, maybe maybe there's someone who can offer to collateralize this with enough money.

So, I'll ask, if someone can point me in the right direction or help, feel free to pipe up.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Ton of guys that play in this field...its actually one of the most Fund-able pre-reveunes ventures out there ! (mining/oil as well). But pharma is always based on the Human-Capital behind the venture that makes in bankable...
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

Stay away from you know who Micah