Mca crm, to prevent inhouse backdoors
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 39331

Mca crm, to prevent inhouse backdoors

Hey DF,

My company uses centrex, which tracks user download history. I don't think my reps are backdooring me since i haven't seen any files downloaded from the crm, but i was seeking a crm that has more measures to protect the data you upload into it. Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Senior Member Reputation points: 10227

Quote Originally Posted by Zonefund View Post
    Hey DF,

My company uses centrex, which tracks user download history. I don't think my reps are backdooring me since i haven't seen any files downloaded from the crm, but i was seeking a crm that has more measures to protect the data you upload into it. Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Zonefund, reps can backdoor you without ever downloading anything from any CRM. Reps have access to their email and any other form of communication technology you allow within your organization that could allow them to backdoor a deal. Also, there is no "preventing" reps from backdooring simply by using a certain CRM. All the CRM's that I have seen and know about out there and I have seen a ton, all have permission based security which is controlled by you. You can set the permissions in most CRM's so reps can or cannot see or do certain things. With that said, in order to get deals closed reps must have access to a certain level of data. Potentially Bank statements, tax returns, drivers license etc etc or any other data that is required to close a deal.

We have over 1,200 finance companies using Centrex around the country and one strategy using Centrex CRM I have seen work well for data security is utilizing our Data Suppression Technology. The system gives you the ability to create profiles and then associate those profiles with roles in the CRM. Within those profiles you can tell the system to suppress certain data points or doc types or note types etc etc from the users in those roles associated with those profiles. For example, let's say you have the following doc types: Bank Statements, Tax Returns, COJ, Power of Attorney, Application, Funding Contract etc etc. You can choose to suppress any one of, or all of those docs types from the "Sales" profile and role. Same can be done for the "Underwriting" role/profile or "Processing" role/profile or any other custom role/profile you have built within Centrex.

Anyway, CRM's can only offer so much security when it comes to merchant data especially since merchant data is what is required to close a deal. I would recommend using data suppression tech within Centrex or potentially configuring your organization so only certain people/departments have access to certain data for submissions to funders or for funding yourself. You can give me a call if you would like to chat more on this topic. At the end of the day, backdooring unfortunately is a very awful and real part of doing business in this sector or any finance sector I would imagine. Only so much can be done when reps have access to merchant information as it relates to CRM technology.

Cheers
    Trey Markel - (888) 622-5810 ex 101
    tmarkel@centrexsoftware.com
    Last edited by treymarkel; 05-26-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 39331

I spoke to your tech guy and he said he can't remove the download permission. The good part is your history can show download activity, but i am seeking a crm which can remove that capability.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5448

Quote Originally Posted by Zonefund View Post
    I spoke to your tech guy and he said he can't remove the download permission. The good part is your history can show download activity, but i am seeking a crm which can remove that capability.
    Mcasuite
    Charles Frazier
    President
    Sapphire Capital Group
    p: 917-781-2232
    m: 917-783-5634
    w: www.Sapphirecapgroup.com

Member Reputation points: 32

Hi Zonefund,

We have an in house development team at MCA Track and I believe we can customize whichever user permissions you need. Please feel free to call me at 212-444-9567 and I'll conf our developers in to confirm.
    Thank you,

Perry Chen

D: 212.819.0499
    M: 917.754.8435
    E: perry@clearach.com
    W: www.clearach.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

Quote Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
    Hi Zonefund,

We have an in house development team at MCA Track and I believe we can customize whichever user permissions you need. Please feel free to call me at 212-444-9567 and I'll conf our developers in to confirm.
    Do you guys own any MCA company?