Do brokers make a profit? - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    3-5% of what? Profit on deals? With a 48k Salary yea I guess.

Ive been In this Industry for a while, Its standard.

$300 - $350 - $500 AS A DRAW for Jrs and Closers - Plus 30% Of Profit Each Deal Brings in and 50% Of Fee Sheets (Split Amongst Reps On Deals)

Commission for Telemarketer 10% Plus an Hourly
    Jrs get the Draw
    Closers Get The Draw

Its Up to Closer how much he breaks off Jr Closer
    Closer gets 30% Telemerketer gets 10% - House gets 60% On Commission
    Fee Sheets - Telemarketer 10%, 50% Split Between Jrs and Closers on Deal.

Thats How its always been.

Your getting Killed with Salaries I think.

Draw and Higher Commission fosters HUNGRY PEOPLE. BEASTS.
    When you are spoon feeding leads you need professionals (college degrees) and not beasts.Most of the standard shops are having people cold call all day so if they are not hungry beast they will do zero.By me we are all incoming i was unable to hire anyone telling them even 10%-20% when the shop down the block is offering 40%. most do not understand what having all leads brought to you is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    When you are spoon feeding leads you need professionals (college degrees) and not beasts.Most of the standard shops are having people cold call all day so if they are not hungry beast they will do zero.By me we are all incoming i was unable to hire anyone telling them even 10%-20% when the shop down the block is offering 40%. most do not understand what having all leads brought to you is worth.
    For scaling, your business model is probably the most efficient, and my favorite. You probably have some employees who get to know the industry and feel like you're ripping them off by keeping most of the commissions and only paying a salary plus some bonuses. Some of those people will quit thinking they have the secret to success and make their own money. Most of them will buy UCC leads, call for a few weeks and call it quits, which leads them right back to the comfy salary position. A couple that did not give up, will source their own deals and figure it out, and then hire salaried employees... and so the cycle continues.

Senior Member Reputation points: 27981

I wish "Karen" was part of this conversation.

Senior Member Reputation points: 20323

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
    I wish "Karen" was part of this conversation.

I think Karen has triggered some mild PTSD in some members, if Ricky's comment is any evidence.

www.UccRadar.com - Stop chasing merchants. There are others better suited for that.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Thank god karen is gone so i can write this lol.The issue that most have is that they have 1099 and since the leads cost so much it does not work.I spend 50-100k a month in ad words and all my employees are on salaries.I did the math and based on what we fund if i will pay 20% commission,the reps will be making over 200k each.I hire people with degrees that have professional training and experience and start them at 48k salary, based on hitting different marks they get raises.Now when i average out the year and look at the salaries i am paying reps between 3-5%. i do not know how someone can do adwords and pay a rep 20-50%
    In theory it sounds good . in particularity i dont think you can have sales man on a salary without some sort on incentive even if it is 1%

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    I think Karen has triggered some mild PTSD in some members, if Ricky's comment is any evidence.

www.UccRadar.com - Stop chasing merchants. There are others better suited for that.
    100%

Hell yea they make a profit.. depends on your pay breakdown and amount of deals you close tho

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    It's easy if you work both sides, right harvey?

https://dailyfunder.com/showthread.p...526#post116526
    Wow!!! This was just...amazing lol

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Financial View Post
    For scaling, your business model is probably the most efficient, and my favorite. You probably have some employees who get to know the industry and feel like you're ripping them off by keeping most of the commissions and only paying a salary plus some bonuses. Some of those people will quit thinking they have the secret to success and make their own money. Most of them will buy UCC leads, call for a few weeks and call it quits, which leads them right back to the comfy salary position. A couple that did not give up, will source their own deals and figure it out, and then hire salaried employees... and so the cycle continues.
    this is the most on point comment.

it just continues.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Financial View Post
    So I don't have big turnover since most get scared to leave salary behind(I only hire someone with a family and bills)We are tight group and about 2-3 years ago one of the guys making 85k plus benefits left to someone promising him he will make that much a month.After 4 months of making zero (he was calling ucc off excel)he came crying back.Eventhough he was one of my best employees I refuses to take him back so everyone else knows if you leave you are done.He is now working in a restaurant just to scrape by and still uninvited pops in to the company events to beg for his job back.

So I don't have big turnover since most get scared to leave salary behind(I only hire someone with a family and bills)We are tight group and about 2-3 years ago one of the guys making 85k plus benefits left to someone promising him he will make that much a month.After 4 months of making zero (he was calling ucc off excel)he came crying back.Eventhough he was one of my best employees I refuses to take him back so everyone else knows if you leave you are done.He is now working in a restaurant just to scrape by and still uninvited pops in to the company events to beg for his job back.
    wow... I thought the story was heading towards something positive.. but that was a great ending