Anyone have feedback on Facebook marketing for MCA leads? - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by SirFundAlot View Post
    Very helpful feedback guys!!! Much appreciated, and Marcus I do not plan to ride around in Nebraska trying to sell MCA - However I would love to hire someone to do so. Please advise if interested.
    My wife from Australia ..my road trip life will be out there Ive completed my almost 50 state tour back in my early 20's when i lived off the families dividends
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    you can try the model of one of my ISO's ..He plans long road trips across small towns USA and will book a hotel for a week for example Bellevue Nebraska population 50,137 and glide around the 30 miles for a week driving into Omaha surroundings and will walk into the stores and the smaller factories openly talking about different structures of financing -- he tells them straight up his model of traveling ...he tells them that he will have an answer that very same day (if its a mantis sub within 2-3 hours! 30 Minutes or less if he asks for a FASTBALL)) or in the next day or two. its a win win for him because he gets to travel and feels laid back ..it also small towns that love the face2face and feel the ycan trust this person. the files are smaller in most cases but evry now and then on the outskirts of town he gets a cement-mix or construction firm a good 300K deal.
    I壇 rather kill myself rather than driving to Omaha Nebraska selling cash advances like a vacuum salesman.

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Quote Originally Posted by Enablement Data View Post
    Just as long as you build the custom audience and have it segmented with triggers based on events+page views, you'll see a good return.

If you run an ad based on a general audience of "business owners" or "financial services", it will be like drinking water through a firehose of nonsense leads (while blowing a ton of money).

Start tracking/tagging, let it build over 60-90 days (depending on the amount of traffic you can drive to your pages) then focus ads on the custom audience segment.

Sidenote - make sure to make an exclusion segment for leads that have already submitted forms.
    Spot On Advice..

We also run campaign for "Look alike audiences" as well. But you still need to add some additional exclusion and filters to try to get a fine tuned segment.

@SirFundAlot
    Do you have some sort of a dataset that you can build on?
    Maybe a list of previous clients?
    List of good leads?

Do you have a website that you can install the Google analytics tracking code and the Facebook tracking pixels on?
    Last edited by Winning; 05-08-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 14001

The story Marcus is told is a fairy tale. LMAO!

Brokers that do google add words to generate organically are doing very well

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson Yunason View Post
    Brokers that do google add words to generate organically are doing very well
    +1... I am not a broker but serving the right ad at the right time to the right person is paramount! Use all the platforms at your disposal if you think you can engage your customer there.. Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Google, Email, Txt msg, phone call, etc...? The trick is trying to cut through all people that is not your customer and only serve your ad to potential customers.

That is why I asked him if he has a website or a squeeze page that he can put the Google analytics code.. There are about 3 different codes for Google alone that needs to be installed to support Google ads and google retargeting... I am trying to take him slowly through all of this..

@Sirfundalot
    Do you also have a yelp page and a Google My Business (GMB) page?
    Last edited by Winning; 05-09-2019 at 01:07 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

Quote Originally Posted by SirFundAlot View Post
    Hey DF,

Is anyone on here marketing on FB for MCA leads? What type of cost per lead are you experiencing? Are the leads you are retrieving somewhat qualified? I am considering diving into the FB lead generation space for my MCA shop, and would like some feedback...

Thank you.
    I would go the Linkedin route if social media marketing is what you are looking for. Every CEO & CFO has Linkedin, i've have found and funded some solid leads via that route and they also find you.

Banned Reputation points: 7898

Many good points but Im wondering for the detractors will you show us a snapshot of your last FB ad campaign?
    If as some say the big players are spending tens of thousands per month in FB ads- including all other media it displays on, including Instagram which Stories is huge now- then why would they continue to spend that amount if its not working?
    The fact that they spend that amount shows its just finding the right type of Ad Sets and scale from there. You don't have to spend the same amount to get positive ROI results.

A good analogy maybe Fishing? Do you Fish @ SirFundAlot?

Well I am am not an avid Fisherman at all.. But I have be on a few Deep Sea fishing excursions when vacationing.
    And depending on the fish you are wanting to catch, you have to be in a certain type of body of water in a certain place, you have to have a certain type of boat, you have to use certain types of fishing poles, certain type of line strength, you have to use a certain type of bait, use a certain type of hook, and the line has to be weighted and dropped to a certain depth.. You have to do all of that before you even think that you are going to get a hit on the line. But once you feel what you think may be a hit on the line, you then have to have certain techniques to hook the fish, tire the fish out, then reel it in. Depending on the fish, you may have a fight on your hands even when the fish is on the boat...

Marketing is a lot the same way. With digital marketing you can fine tune the ad to speak to a laser focused group of people.. Then once your analytics show you have a hit, You have another set of techniques and skills in place to hook them, move them through your process, and hopefully get them in the boat, and finally close the deal.

Real Setup That I use...

I have tracking pixels on my website..
    It reports to facebook and google who every visitor is, where they came from, what they did on my site, etc...
    Facebook takes that data from my site and combines it with the treasure trove of data that it has on people. It matches my website visitors to the person Facebook Profile. It then shows me if those people are also on facebook, if they already are a fan of my page, if they are a friend of someone that likes my page, if they have ever engaged with my page etc..

So i can then create very targeted ads..
    For example: I can create an ad that will be only be served if all the following is True...
    • person has visited my website in the last 30 days.
    • person has added a product to the cart.
    • Person has watched 50% of any video content on my facebook fan page.
    • Person has to be a Follower of my facebook page.
    • Person must be a woman.
    • Person must be between the ages of 35 - 65.
    • Person must speak english.
    • Person is a home owner.
    • Person must live in Texas.
    • Exlude Person if they are in my existing customer audience.
    • Exlude Person if they have ever visited the orderfinshed.asp page on my website.

So maybe I send them a discount coupon ad. But Since my target is so focused I can tailor the AD to be more engaging..
    Based on all the criteria that must be met for them to even see my ad, if they do they must be on the line ready to be pulled on to the boat, but just need a little more incentive to complete the checkout..
    Last edited by Winning; 05-09-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 306908

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post

Well I am am not an avid Fisherman at all.. But I have be on a few Deep Sea fishing excursions when vacationing.
    And depending on the fish you are wanting to catch, you have to be in a certain type of body of water in a certain place, you have to have a certain type of boat, you have to use certain types of fishing poles, certain type of line strength, you have to use a certain type of bait, use a certain type of hook, and the line has to be weighted and dropped to a certain depth.. You have to do all of that before you even think that you are going to get a hit on the line. But once you feel what you think may be a hit on the line, you then have to have certain techniques to hook the fish, tire the fish out, then reel it in. Depending on the fish, you may have a fight on your hands even when the fish is on the boat...

Marketing is a lot the same way. With digital marketing you can fine tune the ad to speak to a laser focused group of people.. Then once your analytics show you have a hit, You have another set of techniques and skills in place to hook them, move them through your process, and hopefully get them in the boat, and finally close the deal.

Real Setup That I use...

It reports to facebook and google who every visitor is, where they came from, what they did on my site, etc...
    Facebook takes that data from my site and combines it with the treasure trove of data that it has on people. It matches my website visitors to the person Facebook Profile. It then shows me if those people are also on facebook, if they already are a fan of my page, if they are a friend of someone that likes my page, if they have ever engaged with my page etc..

For example: I can create an ad that will be only be served if all the following is True...
    • Exlude Person if they have ever visited the orderfished.asp page on my website.

So maybe I send them a discount coupon ad. But Since my target is so focused I can tailor the AD to be more engaging..
    Based on all the criteria that must be met for them to even see my ad, if they do they must be on the line ready to be pulled on to the boat, but just need a little more incentive to complete the checkout..
    correct it can work hand and hand with other marketing. But just to do it solo as a lead source it will be a complete waste of money

Real Setup That I use...

• Exlude Person if they have ever visited the orderfished.asp page on my website.

I am not in the MCA space..
    But you can see how powerful all this data and capability can be if harnessed and used correctly, with good engaging ad copy... But this does takes a lot of effort to do... Either you do it in house and eat sleep and breath this stuff, or outsource it and hope they are taking the time to really think about the targeting and content being created. Also you have to have a plan on how to move the prospects through you different "buckets". If you don't know what I mean by "buckets" let me know and I can explain that..

On the outside looking in of coarse. I would think that an MCA would definitely try to target ads in areas that may be experiencing some sort of natural disaster..?? You can have complete control down to the street and specified radius as a requirement that must be met before the ad is shown...

So for example, when Harvey hit in Texas. If I did MCA's I would have had special ads with focus on people that met my other requirements, but only located in Houston.. I would think a biz owner in houston during Harvey may have needed a fast helping hand with the possible disruption to there business.. You could tailor the ads to mention Harvey by name, mention Houston by name, mention you have experience helping biz, and all other various type of psychological marketing that would engage a Biz owner in Houston that is currently being affected by Harvey and need some answers...

All you need them to do is click on the link, think of that as the equivalent of them ringing your door bell. When they clicked, it moved that person into a smaller more focused bucket. You can have campaigns and processes in places to target people that are certain buckets, with the goal being to move them to another even more focused bucket. Each bucket they move to is drawing them closer and closer.
    Last edited by Winning; 05-09-2019 at 01:13 PM.

I am not in the MCA space..
    But you can see how powerful all this data and capability can be if harnessed and used correctly, with good engaging ad copy... But this does takes a lot of effort to do... Either you do it in house and eat sleep and breath this stuff, or outsource it and hope they are taking the time to really think about the targeting and content being created. Also you have to have a plan on how to move the prospects through you different "buckets". If you don't know what I mean by "buckets" let me know and I can explain that..

On the outside looking in of coarse. I would think that an MCA would definitely try to target ads in areas that may be experiencing some sort of natural disaster..?? You can have complete control down to the street and specified radius as a requirement that must be met before the ad is shown...

So for example, when Harvey hit in Texas. If I did MCA's I would have had special ads with focus on people that met my other requirements, but only located in Houston.. I would think a biz owner in houston during Harvey may have needed a fast helping hand with the possible disruption to there business.. You could tailor the ads to mention Harvey by name, mention Houston by name, mention you have experience helping biz, and all other various type of physiological marketing that would engage a Biz owner in Houston that is currently being affected by Harvey and need some answers...
    If a business is being affected by natural disaster, so will be their ability (inability) to repay a new MCA. Unless they are roofers/framers/contractors etc, these guys become extremely hard to fund.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    If a business is being affected by natural disaster, so will be their ability (inability) to repay a new MCA. Unless they are roofers/framers/contractors etc, these guys become extremely hard to fund.
    That why I prefaced what I said with "I am not in the MCA Space" Cause I don't have any background data like what you all have... But by taking what you do know and combining it with the way you are able to target people now a days, if it is done right can be huge.

That why I prefaced what I said with "I am not in the MCA Space" Cause I don't have any background data like what you all have... But by taking what you do know and combining it with the way you are able to target people now a days, if it is done right can be huge.
    I still think AdWords is a better investment. It’s not cheap, with quality keywords costing $8-35 per click. Definitely need a budget of no less than $10,000 (and I’d really recommend much more than that).

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    I still think AdWords is a better investment. It’s not cheap, with quality keywords costing $8-35 per click. Definitely need a budget of no less than $10,000 (and I’d really recommend much more than that).
    Yes adwords as well.. use the same principles... I only went through 1 vertical...

I probably have maybe 30 Different buckets a person could fall in on each different platform.. Google has 3 separate Platforms... Search Ads, Display Ads, & Shopping Ads, Then on top of that is Google Re targeting Ads. Thats about 120 campaigns alone in the google ecosystem, and each campaign has several ad versions... See this can get big in a hurry.

So for me. I have a bucket for people that visited my site via a google Ad, but has never been to my site before, not an existing customer, has never engaged with me on social media, and does not have any friend that has ever engaged with me on social media. So that would tell me that this person probably has never heard of my company before, but for some reason they did click on the google ad that was only served because of a certain set of requirements that I gave google.. So the Facebook Ad I would send them would be more about introducing us to the person, and giving them a little back story of how we do what we do, and try to get them to engage with some of our media on social media, then get then to like the page. Then they move to another bucket, and so on and so on..

After you have all your buckets(defined audiences) setup... You will quickly see which buckets have the highest ROI... So then you purpose is, "how do I move more people into those high ROI buckets"
    Last edited by Winning; 05-09-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 20156

You can't scale with Adwords in the financial industry without a 6 to 7 figure budget.

The smaller companies doing well in this industry with adwords can generate leads for about 15 to 100 a lead, but it's only 100 - 300 leads a month, TOPS. Very selective keywords (long tail), proper and numerous negative keywords.

But every one of those smaller companies doing it have the same experience in common...
    As soon as they've tried to increase their budget and scale, they lose their ROI and get their butts
    handed to them.

When you stay niche and stay small (in this industry) you're fine but as soon as you venture
    into OnDeck, Kabbage, PayPal land, your level 10 wooden sword gets crushed by level 150 ultra diamond.

They set parameters to automate overbidding whatever the highest click is currently, and an upper
    five figure daily budget means they never have to turn off the faucet.

Facebook is ideal (as Winning and Enablement mentioned) for clearly targeting your ideal customer, and then re-marketing to them through feeds, groups, FB messenger, and email. It takes time and some setup.

Facebook is not Google, where your customers go on a search engine with a problem searching for a specific solution. A person on facebook is socializing or doing other generally leisurely activities, so an ad is more of an interruption, and while the merchant is the one taking action, it's more of an impulse
    buy, just like any display ad.

But that does give you insight into the customer: they're either going to be someone who was thinking about what you're offering, and has a legitimate interest to "LEARN" more, which means they'll eventually become a customer, somewhere at some time, or they'll be someone desperate with no options, and they'll think it's their lucky day that they stumbled on your ad.

Neither scenario is great if you're looking for a payoff in the immediate future, which most people are, which is why they say the platform sucks, but the first scenario is profitable over time if you are following up and tracking and maintaining some type of lead nurturing process.

www.UccRadar.com - 50 Man USA call centers without the staffing, training, hiring, overseas headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Facebook is not Google, where your customers go on a search engine with a problem searching for a specific solution. A person on facebook is socializing or doing other generally leisurely activities, so an ad is more of an interruption, and while the merchant is the one taking action, it's more of an impulse
    buy, just like any display ad.

But that does give you insight into the customer: they're either going to be someone who was thinking about what you're offering, and has a legitimate interest to "LEARN" more, which means they'll eventually become a customer, somewhere at some time, or they'll be someone desperate with no options, and they'll think it's their lucky day that they stumbled on your ad..
    +1

Could not have said it better!

But I do think that more and more people are searching IG and Facebook for certain items... I know my wife and daughter use it to find new nail salons, hair stylists, fashion designers, etc.. and they actually will buy things or setup appointments for these peoples services..

BTW, Instagram is killing it for us.. It seems like we get more organic (not paid ads) people asking to place orders right in the comment section of posts on Instagram more than the other social media platforms.

Also for you all that don't know Facebook and Instagram are the same company and the Facebook AD manager allows me to choose to run an ad on Instagram and facebook.
    Last edited by Winning; 05-09-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 58222

Does anyone know how to delete facebook profiles? Mine is causing a great deal of embarrassment and for some reason the settings tab isn't loading properly on my new galaxy fold tabby phone.

I didn't say it to make you jealous, all dumbleads.com employees found one in their cubicle today. Maybe it's time to switch to the winning side boys...

Senior Member Reputation points: 20156

+1

Could not have said it better!

But I do think that more and more people are searching IG and Facebook for certain items... I know my wife and daughter use it to find new nail salons, hair stylists, fashion designers, etc.. and they actually will buy things or setup appointments for these peoples services..

BTW, Instagram is killing it for us.. It seems like we get more organic (not paid ads) people asking to place orders right in the comment section of posts on Instagram more than the other social media platforms.

Also for you all that don't know Facebook and Instagram are the same company and the Facebook AD manager allows me to choose to run an ad on Instagram and facebook.

That's very cool. I know one guy who has an established group on Instagram who is doing very well in this industry. Again it did take some time to build up, and I'm not sure he knew entirely what he was doing. More like he stumbled into it because he happened to have a lot of social influence with people that happened to be his ideal market.

It definitely could be untapped. It just doesn't appear on the outside to lend itself to a serious industry like finance because of the way most people use it and it's notoriety for silliness and or aspiring entertainment.

www.UccRadar.com - We don't quit.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    Does anyone know how to delete facebook profiles? Mine is causing a great deal of embarrassment and for some reason the settings tab isn't loading properly on my new galaxy fold tabby phone.

I didn't say it to make you jealous, all dumbleads.com employees found one in their cubicle today. Maybe it's time to switch to the winning side boys...
    I am not sure if your post was serious or not...
    But are you sure you want to delete? Maybe consider not doing something so drastic, maybe instead Hide the page so that it is not accessible to anyone, and it appears deleted. Because in the future you may find a use for it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post

Say something pro-Trump. Right or wrong, that gets the nerds bouncing...

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

@winning so quick question:
    Looks like you’re trying to get into the MCA space, but why would you though? Isn’t it Loan Sharking?

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAdvanced View Post
    @winning so quick question:
    Looks like you’re trying to get into the MCA space, but why would you though? Isn’t it Loan Sharking?
    I wouldn't say I am trying to get into the MCA space, because if I wanted to I would takes steps to get into it.. I found this site I think 4 or 5 years ago when I was 1st approached about taking an MCA.. I googled the terminology that the MCA sales guy was using, and found this site.. Been here learning various valuable things that have help me navigate my own business funding endeavors ever since.. I am a very technical person so I have a love for anything very technical, and when I am presented new things that are very technical that I don't understand I love digging in and learning about it... You probably can tell based on my various post here, I am bit of a nerd..

I have never really read up on exactly what is "Loan Sharking" by definition and if it is considered illegal or legal.. But based on the context that I have heard it used in, I would assume it is illegal???
    Last edited by Winning; 05-09-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

Ok so did you end up taking an MCA after 4-5 years of research? Or let me ask you this, are you still looking for funding?

I have done 2 MCA's in the past. And I may take a paypal offer that has been presented to me the other day... The money is so cheap, I really think I should take it and put it to work. I am in the process of trying to decide exactly how I could use it and flip it the fastest...

I have been presented an offer to buy a million dollar commercial property, and would feel really comfortable with buying it if I could come to the table with my own 20% out of my own pocket as the down payment. So if this real estate deal is for me, I need to make at least an extra 200000 in about a year... So maybe I can use the Paypal advance to do something and earmark the profits generated by the advanced for real estate investing...

BUT.... There is a forum called biggerpockets that I am learning a **** ton of info on real estate investing... I am currently learning about how a "Self Directed IRA" works in relation to real estate investing. I come from a big family, and all my brothers and sisters all work for corporations and have 401K's. What I am learning is that they can take some of there 401k funds with out penalty and roll them into a Self Directed IRA, and I could have enough money for my family to own the property outright with no penalties, OMG!!!. Most people I have been asking if they know what a self directed ira is have no clue what that is.. Most people are fine with just getting very small returns in a 401k.. Everyone I know personally that has been working a corporate job for 20 years plus, I am telling them to go read about how a Self Direct IRA works, and consider moving a little bit of there money into one..
    Last edited by Winning; 05-10-2019 at 12:44 AM.