Another one bites the dust.. - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Quote Originally Posted by mrmrg View Post
    piker.
    Never been called that before, and I had to google the term to find out what it meant.

Piker
    https://thereformedbroker.com/2009/0...at-is-a-piker/
    Some points that stuck out on that link are...
    • "Amongst the brokers, that was the worst name we could call one another, but it could also be used to describe anyone who is involved in or invests in the markets."
    • by calling someone a piker, you were ridiculing them for the fact that they were either a small-time player or too afraid to bet big.
    • "Oxford English Dictionary defines the term as “a cautious or timid gambler who makes only small bets; a person who takes no chances; a ‘poor sport’ … a shirker.”"
    • "Pikers in this context were characterized as frugal, cautious people who would avoid spending their money on anything, especially drinking or gambling."
    • someone who “walks away from a bet, opportunity or venture” or one who “holds back”.
    • "real players don’t call other people pikers; only pikers concern themselves with the size of other people’s trades or their risk-taking proclivities."

I am interested in hearing what you definition of a Piker is? To see if I feel if I possess any of your defining qualities to fit your definition.

Based on what I understand so far, I don't think most people would think that term is an accurate description of me. Since I am currently not involved or invest in the market.

You're assuming that $188,377 is all profit. Some of these guys may be doing this completely on referral business from their living room. Most have massive marketing expense along with the usual operating overhead (payroll, rent, etc).
    Without knowing anything about the poster, I'm guessing if he only did 3-4 of these per week that he'd be out of business.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8875 Enablement Data's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fromano590 View Post
    Quarterspot, no longer funding. This was expected but yeh..
    I would bet the kitchen sink that they just despise broker deals and moving away from it.
    DataOps
    Enablementdata.com
    DataOps@enablementdata.com
    433 Broadway
    New York, NY 10013

Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

Hijacking and moving the conversation slightly....
    And now OnDeck is stacking! Anyone else get that email?

The below situations will no longer require a payoff.

Self-reported MCA balance(s) total $10,000 or less, we can take whatever the deal is approved for.
    This can be self-reported, but a balance verification may be requested at closing to audit the accuracy of customer responses.
    Merchant has current MCA financing on the business above 10K with a credit score between 600-699, we can take up to $25,000.
    Merchant has current MCA financing on the business above 10K with a credit score between 700+, we can take whatever the deal is approved for.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Quote Originally Posted by Enablement Data View Post
    I would bet the kitchen sink that they just despise broker deals and moving away from it.
    Read the court document mentioned twice in this thread. Their source of capital is in receivership.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

The refi we were working on with them received an offer far lower than the original funding amount so we moved the deal along, I won't be bale to update on if they are funding until the next deal. We did just receive a nice 150K offer from them on a different deal so they are operating and the responses and approvals are quicker than normal.

Senior Member Reputation points: 11927 FUND3R1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Hijacking and moving the conversation slightly....
    And now OnDeck is stacking! Anyone else get that email?

The below situations will no longer require a payoff.

Self-reported MCA balance(s) total $10,000 or less, we can take whatever the deal is approved for.
    This can be self-reported, but a balance verification may be requested at closing to audit the accuracy of customer responses.
    Merchant has current MCA financing on the business above 10K with a credit score between 600-699, we can take up to $25,000.
    Merchant has current MCA financing on the business above 10K with a credit score between 700+, we can take whatever the deal is approved for.
    This e-mail was sent out in error.