Deconstructing The Gift Of The Gab - Part II
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Deconstructing The Gift Of The Gab - Part II

Recap:

Closers of have the*Gift.

To fund we must close.

To close we must sell.

To sell we must influence.

To Influence we must Communicate effectively.

And to communicate effectively, we turn to Dr. Albert Mehrabian's research that found:

7% of way people interpret a message communicated would be determined by the words spoken.

38% of the way people interpret a message communicated would be determined by the way the words were spoken.

55% of the way people interpret a message communicated would be determined by the facial expression and other body language gestures/cues used while speaking the words.

So:

According to these studies, communication (influence) is*93% nonverbal– mostly attributed to how we are using our voice and our bodies (vocal and visual).

But how does this help if the majority of a Funding Pro’s selling is done over the phone where the merchant can’t see you?

Well, what if the merchant can see you?

The cofounders of*Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP), a psychotherapy born from the research at the University of California Santa Cruz in the 1970’s, identified that we, human beings, use our 5 senses to create an internal model of the world around us to best learn and process information.

What does this mean?

We are constantly using our 5 senses,*Visual,*Auditory,*Kinesthetic,*Olfactory and*Gustatory, to recreate the world around us internally.* We do this to better understand the world every day for better survival and pattern recognition.

But from these 5 modalities (senses), we will typically value one over the others. *This one we value most is what is called the*Preferred Representational System (modality), this this is the one we will use most to process and store information.

So what?

Bandler and Grinder, the NLP cofounders, established in their field research that about 60-65% of the population uses the*Visual modality as their preferred representational system.

And?

Someone who is highly*Visual*is able to easily and vividly visualize things, and in fact prefers to do so when engaged in any activity –*especially listening.

Why does this matter?

60-65%, probably more, of the people you are speaking to on the phone are using your verbal (7%) and nonverbal*(93%) communication to create a picture of YOU in their mind.

How would you speak on the phone if you knew the merchant was creating a picture of you in their head?

Happy Funding!

-FundingStrategist

https://fundingstrat.com

https://fundingstrat.com/deconstruct...e-gab-part-ii/

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Great info! This backs up why I feel my business needs to produce more & more & more video content to market our products...
    Sheeesh... Video content just takes so much more effort, time, and money to produce vs still content...
    BUT it is a necessary evil, and worth it, if it converts higher than still photography and graphics.

I am copying and pasting this to all my employees.
    As well as checking out more info on Albert Mehrabian.
    See a list of his books & articles at http://www.kaaj.com/psych/index.html
    Last edited by Winning; 04-24-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Great info! This backs up why I feel my business needs to produce more & more & more video content to market our products...
    Sheeesh... Video content just takes so much more effort, time, and money to produce vs still content...
    BUT it is a necessary evil, and worth it, if it converts higher than still photography and graphics.

I am copying and pasting this to all my employees.
    As well as checking out more info on Albert Mehrabian.
    See a list of his books & articles at http://www.kaaj.com/psych/index.html

Thank you, great link!

-FundingStrategist

https://fundingstrat.com