Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
Amanda, I agree with you.
Problem is that most MCA shops completely and totally DISAGREE with your approach. There's no fiduciary responsibility (we don't work for the merchants), and most broker shops don't want small residuals - they want a minimum of 10 points plus PSF every time.
How many brokers here talk their clients out of factoring or don't present it, especially after they had a bad experience? So what about a LOC? Why not? "Because it pays peanuts." You can't expect someone to work on a particular model.

I talked to a client (friend of an ISO of mine, they're both in Crown Heights) a few weeks ago who is doing $100mm yearly, offered him factoring, and he said, "I don't want to diverge my AR."
I offered him 0 APR credit cards for $100,000 (no UCC), he said, "I could walk into me bank and get $150,000 UBLOC tomorrow, $100,00 is a joke." He's right, however I told him that would take a PG and likely a UCC.
I offered him the concept of an MCA (no UCC), he doesn't want to show me financials and wouldn't take rates like that.
The only thing he was interested in was his own idea: A large personal loan to his business (yeah, personal or business loan, take your pick) that would have a PG from a billionaire (not him). I haven't bothered following up.

Definitely goes both ways, but WE ARE NOT THEIR FINANCIAL ADVISORS! I, like many people here, am just a broker.
That's why I said - how many of your Merchants know "money" and how to flip their cash - not many. They only know their
"craft" aka their business and not the financial portion of it when it comes to the capital resources they have so we ARE guiding them to the products we have available as brokers which makes us somewhat "advisors"