Was this talked about yet?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 12684

Was this talked about yet?

Just to clarify, I've read the articles. However, today is the first time I've seen this video.

Senior Member Reputation points: 22606

Last edited by swiftcloser; 01-28-2020 at 09:49 AM.

If you check the courts for Jerry Bush (the guy in the video) youll see Richmond filed on him in '16.

HE TOOK 4 MORE MCA'S IN '18!!

Who's fault is that??

Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

Pure scare tactics. They have the money to do it.

Everyone in cash advance is "shady" and "David Glass" with stock scams.
    Wow, these are PURE scare tactics.
    The first thing they present are MCAs are pure evil, skip over the good parts, and then they focus on the COJs.

I have a great client on a CC split, who is expanding, and needed to consolidate, and then took an add-on for $22,000 to redo the deck (not a stack - extended term). No COJ. Some funders are just better than others.

"If the business fails, they shouldn't be able to go after them." Of course, what's with the case of fraud?

They were tooting their own horns, eh?
    Yellowstone reps are doing a lot better, though.

I think Yellowstone should publish a response video. Problem is there they can't scare anyone into an MCA :-P

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

thanks for posting i never saw that video .

Someone should make a response video showing merchants whos business were saved or grew due to a "cash advance loan"

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

funny how the other TV owner guy didn't even wanna go live with these Reporters. All they have is a guy named "jerry bush".

that's it??

Senior Member Reputation points: 77488

Someone froze his sons bank account's as well? Is that normal?

Last edited by swiftcloser; 01-28-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcfunder View Post
    2 ways that would happen:

1. Son was on the COJ
    2. Sons account was somehow linked to business account

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

Anyways, back to Peak solutions

Quote Originally Posted by FunYouMan View Post
    2 ways that would happen:

1. Son was on the COJ
    2. Sons account was somehow linked to business account
    Also regardless of whether he was ignorant or dumb for taking out these advances, he tried to commit suicide. Can Queen, Richmond, Last Chance, and Main Street say anything about how they collected on this person?

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Also regardless of whether he was ignorant or dumb for taking out these advances, he tried to commit suicide. Can Queen, Richmond, Last Chance, and Main Street say anything about how they collected on this person?
    I was never a fan of coj.I am more curious on why he had those 3 only or was there a more A lender in there that just did not collect and they are forgetting to mention that.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAdvanced View Post
    Anyways, back to Peak solutions
    100%

Senior Member Reputation points: 27981

I prefer Yellowstone's "Pete the Plumber" video.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
    I guess as long as Pete the plumber is happy, Yellowstone should continue doing what they do. Why does he look like hes about to cry when the camera does a close up of his face though?

Last edited by swiftcloser; 01-28-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 31511

Spoke to some friends and here are some conclusions:

1) This Jerry guy is not a 'small operation' but a business generating millions in revenue.
    2) His son was a co owner. Father and son signed all docs and are both liable.
    3) they have been taking MCA's for years and knew exactly what they were getting themselves into. Looks like Richmond filed COJ in 2016 but they took advances well after that
    4) some claims of this merchant against Yellowstone; Ironically, Yellowstone never filed anything. just look at the dockets. this leads me to believe he is likely acting on advice from someone looking to hurt Yellowstone.
    5) It appears that they are straight fraud. Took last round of funding from multiple sources and immediately stopped payments on them. not something an innocent merchant going through hardship would do.

Worst part is , anyone can make any claims and play victim with zero consequences! This Jerry guy should have hired Michael Avenatti - total scumbag!

Quote Originally Posted by MCAdude View Post

1) This Jerry guy is not a 'small operation' but a business generating millions in revenue.
    3) they have been taking MCA's for years and knew exactly what they were getting themselves into. Looks like Richmond filed COJ in 2016 but they took advances well after that
    4) some claims of this merchant against Yellowstone; Ironically, Yellowstone never filed anything. just look at the dockets. this leads me to believe he is likely acting on advice from someone looking to hurt Yellowstone.
    5) It appears that they are straight fraud. Took last round of funding from multiple sources and immediately stopped payments on them. not something an innocent merchant going through hardship would do.

Worst part is , anyone can make any claims and play victim with zero consequences! This Jerry guy should have hired Michael Avenatti - total scumbag!
    Makes a lot of sense, thanks for clarifying. One thing I hate so much about the media is that they can make anyone believe anything with their documentary style video editing, sad music playing the background, and "serious businessmen" in suits confidentially and "knowledgeably" talking about how evil something is.

I feel like both of these bloomberg journalist thought that they were about to uncover the biggest story since watergate but when no one cared, they continued to try and legitimize themselves as journalist by never giving up. They were forced to go to youtube when HBO didn't pick up their documentary on MCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
    that was the best one .but dont forget jack the dry cleaner and disco dan

It doesn't matter what the intentions behind it are. Fact is, MCA has made it primetime and in the worst potential way possible...as a predatory lending practice. And it's going to be made more difficult in the near future. Something a lot of us knew would happen at some point, but not like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodCustomerService View Post
    It doesn't matter what the intentions behind it are. Fact is, MCA has made it primetime and in the worst potential way possible...as a predatory lending practice. And it's going to be made more difficult in the near future. Something a lot of us knew would happen at some point, but not like this.
    youtube and zeke/zachary from bloomberg is primetime? If anything, 1st Global and now QS are doing more damage

Quote Originally Posted by MCAdude View Post

This should be posted as a comment on the youtube video.