On Deck brings on 200 ppl , wowzer!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

I don't mean any disrespect, but how do you know whether they are profitable? Do you have access to their books? Are they publicly open about not being profitable?

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by Xruiser View Post
    I don't mean any disrespect, but how do you know whether they are profitable? Do you have access to their books? Are they publicly open about not being profitable?
    I've never seen anything in writing about On Deck not being profitable, but it's all on the rumor mill. It could just be competitor bashing. The truth is that On Deck has received a lot of serious venture capital funding recently so the investors must see something good about their business model.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xruiser View Post
    Because their rep comes into my office on a weekly basis and reminds us all the time

Senior Member Reputation points: 148 Capital Stack's Avatar

It's common knowledge, they cant be turning a profit. when you do those skinny deals at those factors and turns, deduct overhead and defaults. Your done! now if your not trying to turn a profit , but build a platform to sell your business. there you have it the on deck biz model.