Headway LOC VS. Bluevine LOC
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Headway LOC VS. Bluevine LOC

Anyone know the pros and cons for each?
    How do these 2 match up?

Senior Member Reputation points: 27404

who is headway? Bluevine is funded by celtic bank and its a real bank LOC, just with aprs fees almost double a true bank LOC

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Headway doesnt even take ISO's im pretty sure.

Kabbag, Bluevine and Fundbox are the LOC providers, OnDeck too. They all are in the same ballpark pricewise.

Par has a LOC program too, with 6 point upsell on a buy rate schedule. I like their program cause you can make the most.

Imagine if you had a BlueVine type product 1.12 Buy Rate and you could put whatever points on a 6 month term. Id love that, brokers would move that product like hot cakes. Add 15 point to a 1.12, 6 Month 1.27 weekly payment.....thats totally sellable

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    Headway doesnt even take ISO's im pretty sure
    They have a broker program, but the onboarding process is insane. Starts with a NDA and then moves on to a ton of forms to be completed before you then have to provide them with 2 years of your company’s audited financials.

is there a number i can call you

Headway Capital is part of Enova International, which also owns The Business Backer and other online personal loan programs in Brazil and UK.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    They have a broker program, but the onboarding process is insane. Starts with a NDA and then moves on to a ton of forms to be completed before you then have to provide them with 2 years of your company’s audited financials.
    A nice way of saying we are not interested

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

Headway pricing is MCA pricing except they go out longer up to 18 months I think with their program. As mentioned above they are owned by ENova which also owns Business Backer so I am sure BB has access to anyone you send to Headway.

Member Reputation points: 4856

Quick comparison (note - I'm obviously biased because I work at BlueVine):

- Max LOC size: Headway = $100k and BlueVine = $250k
    - Frequency of repayment: Both Headway and BlueVine do weekly and monthly
    - Max term length: Headway = 18 months and BlueVine = 12 months
    - Speed: BlueVine faster than Headway
    - Approval rate: BlueVine > Headway
    - Pricing: Don't have great data here, but fair to assume roughly equivalent for apples-to-apples customers

Candidly, I don't often find us competing against Headway. More often, we're competing against a Kabbage offer that an ISO's client may have gotten a direct offer for (i.e. client applied directly on Kabbage web site) or against a term loan / MCA type product.

Matt Estes
    BlueVine

As the head of the ISO Division for Headway (Enova) I'll chime in. As matt.estes said, I'm biased as well since I work for Headway.

- Speed: App to FIRM offer in 2-3 hours with the ability to approve customers instantly; Online Checkout which takes minutes to complete
    - Repayment: Monthly on every deal
    - Terms: Up to 24 months
    - Interest accrual: Daily interest accrual; only pay for the days you keep the funds out
    - Commissions: We pay 5% or more (depending on volume) on EVERY draw

We are launching new partners every week. I will admit several years ago our sign up process sucked; it was long and cumbersome. We're a public company and want to partner with the right people. But our process is significantly faster and easier than before.

Quote Originally Posted by matt.estes View Post

- Pricing: Don't have great data here, but fair to assume roughly equivalent for apples-to-apples customers

Candidly, I don't often find us competing against Headway. More often, we're competing against a Kabbage offer that an ISO's client may have gotten a direct offer for (i.e. client applied directly on Kabbage web site) or against a term loan / MCA type product.

Matt Estes
    BlueVine
    Matt can you DM your contact to sign up as ISO? Need a true LOC ASAP on my product offerings, have files ready

Thanks

Thanks you all for the info!

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

Matt Estes
    BlueVine
    I don't know about that approval rate....

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

This is a very informational thread. We should do more of these head-to-heads.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16709

Bluevine's UW model is hard to work with. It all depends on their computer and "risk" ...

Member Reputation points: 4856

Quote Originally Posted by omegafund View Post
    Bluevine's UW model is hard to work with. It all depends on their computer and "risk" ...
    I don't completely disagree, Omegafund. It can feel black-boxy at times because of the automation. But we do our best to communicate underwriting standards upfront and decline reasons after the fact.

That said...we can give you good guidelines on FICO, monthly deposits, ending daily balance, and existing leverage where you'll see 70%+ average approval rates if you hit the guidelines.

Happy to discuss more 1:1 if you think it would be helpful.

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

I don't completely disagree, Omegafund. It can feel black-boxy at times because of the automation. But we do our best to communicate underwriting standards upfront and decline reasons after the fact.

That said...we can give you good guidelines on FICO, monthly deposits, ending daily balance, and existing leverage where you'll see 70%+ average approval rates if you hit the guidelines.

Hi Matt been waiting 2 days for your UW to get back to me on a deal. THE UW did not understand that merchant got paid by banks clients.... Let me know to discuss. My manager will reach out
    Last edited by brokerCompany; 03-13-2019 at 01:06 PM.

contact me. Your UWs are extremely limited with their computer models. They dont understand simple invoicing and deposits for a merchant

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

one of the big issue i have with bluevine is that if someone pays off completely and the next day they fund him you do not get paid . Most funders have a 30-90 day period where it will still be yours

Member Reputation points: 5011

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    one of the big issue i have with bluevine is that if someone pays off completely and the next day they fund him you do not get paid . Most funders have a 30-90 day period where it will still be yours
    Huh, Can you elaborate on this for me please?

Quote Originally Posted by Chargers View Post
    Huh, Can you elaborate on this for me please?
    merchant borrows 100k pays it back fully with interest in a month. comes back 2 days later and they give him 100k iso gets paid zero . if he had any balance left even a hundred dollars than iso will be paid on the whole 100k.

merchant borrows 100k pays it back fully with interest in a month. comes back 2 days later and they give him 100k iso gets paid zero . if he had any balance left even a hundred dollars than iso will be paid on the whole 100k.
    that is a wrong practice, will have to check my pipeline.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Wait... if they are under a financing contract with the client, why would they not pay the referral source? Even if the client paid down the facility to a zero balance and came back two weeks later for more funds under the same agreement you should get paid. It's not like they terminated the agreement with the customer and then entered a new agreement????
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

Michael, did you experience this yourself?

It could very well be that the client does close the account and reopens with a new agreement. That's what we get for our world of computerized payouts from lenders with nothing more than sending them a link. It's got it's good points and its bad, what can I say?

I've had clients not draw for months and then Bluevine pays me out of the blue for a draw they made.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    Wait... if they are under a financing contract with the client, why would they not pay the referral source? Even if the client paid down the facility to a zero balance and came back two weeks later for more funds under the same agreement you should get paid. It's not like they terminated the agreement with the customer and then entered a new agreement????
    on the line of credit,never did factoring with them