Headway LOC VS. Bluevine LOC
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 16709

Bluevine's UW model is hard to work with. It all depends on their computer and "risk" ...

Member Reputation points: 4856

Quote Originally Posted by omegafund View Post
    Bluevine's UW model is hard to work with. It all depends on their computer and "risk" ...
    I don't completely disagree, Omegafund. It can feel black-boxy at times because of the automation. But we do our best to communicate underwriting standards upfront and decline reasons after the fact.

That said...we can give you good guidelines on FICO, monthly deposits, ending daily balance, and existing leverage where you'll see 70%+ average approval rates if you hit the guidelines.

Happy to discuss more 1:1 if you think it would be helpful.

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matt.estes View Post
    I don't completely disagree, Omegafund. It can feel black-boxy at times because of the automation. But we do our best to communicate underwriting standards upfront and decline reasons after the fact.

That said...we can give you good guidelines on FICO, monthly deposits, ending daily balance, and existing leverage where you'll see 70%+ average approval rates if you hit the guidelines.

Hi Matt been waiting 2 days for your UW to get back to me on a deal. THE UW did not understand that merchant got paid by banks clients.... Let me know to discuss. My manager will reach out
    Last edited by brokerCompany; 03-13-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brokerCompany View Post
    Hi Matt been waiting 2 days for your UW to get back to me on a deal. THE UW did not understand that merchant got paid by banks clients.... Let me know to discuss. My manager will reach out
    Hey brokerCompany - Can you please PM me with a way to contact you? Not sure which ISO you're with.

Matt Estes
    BlueVine
    partners@bluevine.com

contact me. Your UWs are extremely limited with their computer models. They dont understand simple invoicing and deposits for a merchant

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

one of the big issue i have with bluevine is that if someone pays off completely and the next day they fund him you do not get paid . Most funders have a 30-90 day period where it will still be yours

Member Reputation points: 5011

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    one of the big issue i have with bluevine is that if someone pays off completely and the next day they fund him you do not get paid . Most funders have a 30-90 day period where it will still be yours
    Huh, Can you elaborate on this for me please?

Quote Originally Posted by Chargers View Post
    Huh, Can you elaborate on this for me please?
    merchant borrows 100k pays it back fully with interest in a month. comes back 2 days later and they give him 100k iso gets paid zero . if he had any balance left even a hundred dollars than iso will be paid on the whole 100k.

merchant borrows 100k pays it back fully with interest in a month. comes back 2 days later and they give him 100k iso gets paid zero . if he had any balance left even a hundred dollars than iso will be paid on the whole 100k.
    that is a wrong practice, will have to check my pipeline.

Senior Member Reputation points: 341293

Wait... if they are under a financing contract with the client, why would they not pay the referral source? Even if the client paid down the facility to a zero balance and came back two weeks later for more funds under the same agreement you should get paid. It's not like they terminated the agreement with the customer and then entered a new agreement????
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    Wait... if they are under a financing contract with the client, why would they not pay the referral source? Even if the client paid down the facility to a zero balance and came back two weeks later for more funds under the same agreement you should get paid. It's not like they terminated the agreement with the customer and then entered a new agreement????
    on the line of credit,never did factoring with them

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    That's why I don't follow Michael I's scenario. It's possible there is some detail I'm missing, so I can't comment with certainty yet.

But when a customer pays down to zero balance, that doesn't close their account with BlueVine. Quite the opposite - keeping the line open for future draws is like 50% of the value prop to the customer and to the ISO.

The average customer draws 3x their credit line over 12 months. So a customer with $100K credit line draws $300K on average in the first year. The ISO is paid commission on all $300K.

Matt
    BlueVine

Hi Michael - I don't completely follow the scenario that you're outlining.

If you fund a client with us and that client is attributed to you, you're paid commissions for the lifetime of the client (subject to your termination clause in the ISO contract that you signed).

Happy to discuss further live if you'd like.

Matt
    BlueVine

Hi Michael - I don't completely follow the scenario that you're outlining.

If you fund a client with us and that client is attributed to you, you're paid commissions for the lifetime of the client (subject to your termination clause in the ISO contract that you signed).

Happy to discuss further live if you'd like.

Matt
    BlueVine
    hi matt
    Maybe i am mistaken what causes a close of an account?
    if you get paid off by a bank?
    Last edited by Michael I; 03-13-2019 at 05:55 PM.