Breakout Capital laid off all employees??? What's going on there????? - Page 3
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I just received this from Breakout.

Valued Breakout Clients and Partners,
    As we approach the mid-way point of Q1 2019, I want to share some updates about our organization and the future of Breakout.
    In 2018, we reached funding milestones, introduced new innovative lending solutions through transparent and responsible funding for small businesses across the country, and incorporated proprietary technology enhancing our experience.

While 2019 has brought challenges and changes, including internally amongst our team and externally with respect to our funding alternatives, we are actively considering strategic alternatives. Until we finalize these plans, we have implemented a delay in lending this month but Breakout remains open for business. Each of you is a valuable client and partner to Breakout. We remain committed to communicating with you as we make progress on our strategic direction and, in the meantime, appreciate your patience for a brief period.
    As always, if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact myself, Steve Safirstein (ssafirstein@breakoutfinance.com) or Jay Bhatt (jbhatt@breakoutfinance.com).

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

^ what does that even mean. Why has 2019 brought challenges and changes? Its only Feb!

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    This server could not prove that it is www.aldoracapital.com; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
    Sorry our cert expired. we fixed it! Thanks!

Here is the link to our APR calculator. https://www.aldoracapital.com/resour...funding_to_apr
    Feel free to check our website for other resources!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
    Swing and a miss on their 1st post.

Here is the link to our APR calculator. https://www.aldoracapital.com/resour...funding_to_apr

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    As a general rule it is always a good idea to never click on a link or open a document from someone you do not know or that was sent to you unexpectedly. There are a host of phishing attacks floating around some including ransoms.

The phishing attacks are hard to go after. The ransom attacks if constantly repeated tend to get the attention of the United States Secret Service Cyber Crime Lab....no matter what the $ amount.

Senior Member Reputation points: 27981

Quote Originally Posted by aldoracap View Post

That is NOT an APR calculator- it's essentially an annualized factor rate calculator. A 1.50 over 12 months isn't a 50% APR

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
    That is NOT an APR calculator- it's essentially an annualized factor rate calculator. A 1.50 over 12 months isn't a 50% APR
    LOL. Only if it's a single balloon payment and no upfront fees. That's great.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    ^ what does that even mean. Why has 2019 brought challenges and changes? Its only Feb!
    Funding milestones met default milestones.

Breakout is a company that’s needed, but I just don’t know how you get your book to perform well in that specific space with stackers ready to pounce. With my own money, id be scared to offer anything over 8 months with the lowest sell rate being 1.35.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Funding milestones met default milestones.

Breakout is a company that’s needed, but I just don’t know how you get your book to perform well in that specific space with stackers ready to pounce. With my own money, id be scared to offer anything over 8 months with the lowest sell rate being 1.35.
    Not so sure about the defaults being the main issue here. They were touting middle single-digit default rates up until a short while ago.

Perhaps the fresh sets of eyes revealed some issues that needed to be addressed along with credit facility unsteadiness in the current climate and integration of their technology assets. I still doubt that pricing of the risk was the main issue. But you never know.

Senior Member Reputation points: 238252

So much for going out of business. I don’t think it’s a good idea to fundraise $5.3mm for a company leaving the lending space.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...-adds.amp.html

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    So much for going out of business. I don’t think it’s a good idea to fundraise $5.3mm for a company leaving the lending space.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...-adds.amp.html
    I can confirm that they will continue lending on their balance sheet aggressively in just a few weeks. They've had multiple approaches to Fin-Tech and are undergoing a natural and healthy iteration on those diverse processes.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18447

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    Not so sure about the defaults being the main issue here. They were touting middle single-digit default rates up until a short while ago.

Perhaps the fresh sets of eyes revealed some issues that needed to be addressed along with credit facility unsteadiness in the current climate and integration of their technology assets. I still doubt that pricing of the risk was the main issue. But you never know.
    Probably, new CFOs typically encounter a lot buried bodies.