im thriving !!!but hear the industry is dying is this true ????
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

im thriving !!!but hear the industry is dying is this true ????

whats your thoughts ???????????????????

Senior Member Reputation points: 71352

There's probably 12 threads about this already.

In my honest opinion, i dont think this is going anywhere. The people who say its coming to an end are either not doing well or are too uneducated about our space.
    Last edited by Lmonus; 02-06-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    Thank you,

Lior Monus
    Business Development Manager
    CFG Merchant Solutions

Direct: (646) 880-6764
    Cell: (516) 319-5826
    Fax: (646) 278-7322
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    180 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038

www.cfgmerchantsolutions.com

Banned Reputation points: 179851

People who say its dying are the people not adapting with the change. If your stuck in your ways how it use to be your dying. If you evolve with the industry its never going to die. Alternative Finance is here forever

Senior Member Reputation points: 77488

Quote Originally Posted by Lmonus View Post
    There's probably 12 threads about this already.

In my honest opinion, i dont think this is going anywhere. The people who say its coming to an end are either not doing well or are too uneducated about our space.
    Agreed. A lot of the people who tell me that MCA is dying are the same people who funded 1 big deal in 2010 for 200k, took out large lines of credit, opened up their own shop, and funded 1 deal since then.

Member Reputation points: 550

I'm putting up good numbers dolo. been on my own since 2010 and I haven't had to do anything else since. People saying it's dying don't know what to do next.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Agreed all of the above. The industry is growing, but with this growth comes constant change and disruption. If you’re adapting, you’re thriving. If you refuse to adapt, you’re dying.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

17 Million business Owners that at some point they (will) need funding. this industry is still in the infancy level!
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

MCA and similar alt finance products solve a need merchants have, and will continue to have. It works! Just like direct mail, which is another thing the "experts" keep predicting the end of.

Senior Member Reputation points: 45092

I thought 2019 would start slow but its been the complete opposite! 75% of my ISOs said this was the best Jan they have had since they started and few even had their best month ever. Like ryan said if your not adapting your not surviving

Senior Member Reputation points: 305505

the government shutdown definitely boosted up our sales on the merchants waiting on their sba loans

Lets NOT forget ..if you Line up 50,000 merchants in a stadium and give them a blank paper and have them name acompany that offers Merchants Cash Advance??

...you will get the following replies: Probably in order (keep in mind this is just my opinion -- I don't want Ceo's making choices off my post)...

the following response will be on the paper...

1) Whats a merchant Cash advance??.

2) Visa / MasterCard / Discover

3) They may write a few of the well-known banks. (chase/BofA.Citi/fargo)

4) A fraction (probably under 20 % but probably much lower) will say C(K)abbage (yes they may use the C) Ondeck and maybe a few will write other companies....

What am i getting at ? if you go to grocery store chain by the Ketchup and Mayo section you will see the well known 2-3 Brands that have been around for the last half a century or longer....Yet go to the Soymilk section and you will see 15 different brands !! ..why is that....when a New Product is introduced its very easy to get into the space...A small MCA broker can be as effective when marketing to a merchant (if brochure is OK looking) as the direct funder that puts out a Billion a year.... my point is market effectively and you can make a bundle !! HAPPY HUNTING !!!

Oh and of course.... sign-up with me @ bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    Last edited by mcaguru; 02-06-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Lets NOT forget ..if you Line up 50,000 merchants in a stadium and give them a blank paper and have them name acompany that offers Merchants Cash Advance??

...you will get the following replies: Probably in order (keep in mind this is just my opinion -- I don't want Ceo's making choices off my post)...

the following response will be on the paper...

1) Whats a merchant Cash advance??.

2) Visa / MasterCard / Discover

3) They may write a few of the well-known banks. (chase/BofA.Citi/fargo)

4) A fraction (probably under 20 % but probably much lower) will say C(K)abbage (yes they may use the C) Ondeck and maybe a few will write other companies....

What am i getting at ? if you go to grocery store chain by the Ketchup and Mayo section you will see the well known 2-3 Brands that have been around for the last half a century or longer....Yet go to the Soymilk section and you will see 15 different brands !! ..why is that....when a New Product is introduced its very easy to get into the space...A small MCA broker can be as effective when marketing to a merchant (if brochure is OK looking) as the direct funder that puts out a Billion a year.... my point is market effectively and you can make a bundle !! HAPPY HUNTING !!!
    who are you ? a post that actually makes sense and no plug in for mantis !!

Quote Originally Posted by michael i View Post
    who are you ? A post that actually makes sense and no plug in for mantis !!
    i went back..could not help myself...was like a magnetic power was moving my hands...
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

i went back..could not help myself...was like a magnetic power was moving my hands...
    haha

Senior Member Reputation points: 71352

LMFAOOOOOO - Couldn't resist the urge huh?
    Thank you,

Lior Monus
    Business Development Manager
    CFG Merchant Solutions

Direct: (646) 880-6764
    Cell: (516) 319-5826
    Fax: (646) 278-7322
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    180 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038

www.cfgmerchantsolutions.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lmonus View Post
    LMFAOOOOOO - Couldn't resist the urge huh?
    you cant fight back the urge when there is almost no limit to our funding capital capacity !
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

it's not dying it has just evolved. if you partner with the wrong companies, sure, you will feel that way. If you swim in the same ocean with 500 other brokers and funders targeting the same merchants, sure, you will feel this way. It's survival of the fittest out there at the core.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingcash555 View Post
    whats your thoughts ???????????????????
    I don't believe that the industry is dying, but rather you are seeing a spreading of the wealth, so to speak.

More funders, more reps than ever. The merchant base hasn't expanded at the same rate as the funder or ISO base...ergo, if the numbers stay the same, then it is spread out between more players.

So some places might be feeling the pinch, while others are feeling pumped. Bottom line, the volume is the same or higher than previous years

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    I don't believe that the industry is dying, but rather you are seeing a spreading of the wealth, so to speak.

More funders, more reps than ever. The merchant base hasn't expanded at the same rate as the funder or ISO base...ergo, if the numbers stay the same, then it is spread out between more players.

So some places might be feeling the pinch, while others are feeling pumped. Bottom line, the volume is the same or higher than previous years
    what I don't see much in our space in acquisitions... I used to think On Deck/Cabbage/Can-Capital was going to get picked up by a large financial institution but for some reason No one seem lto come forward.....if i was a betting man Kabbage will be the first to be acquired (Shopify would be my guess) 10 years ago i would have said GE Capital or a CIT....
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

no acquisitions? there have been M&A activity over the years in our space. Do you mean recently? TBB was acquired, Rapidadvance was acquired, Swift was acquired, Merchant Cap Access was acquired, GRP made a deal w/BFS, the list goes on....

Senior Member Reputation points: 31511

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post

well said