Someone please explain Blue Vine selling point to me
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Someone please explain Blue Vine selling point to me

So i have tried to sell Blue Vine's program and run into all types of issues.
    1. They charge is.5%-1.5% weekly. That ends up being more than most MCA's
    2. Qualification is very difficult.

So my question is, what is the selling point, besides that fact that you are only paying on what you use.

Thanks for any input.
    I put my contact info in here, and
    was bombarded with spam from funders
    if you need to reach me PM me

Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

Simple interest on Bluevine's products are in the 24% range. That's a 1.24 amortized over 6 or sometimes 12 months.
    The .5-1.5% rate is for factoring not the LOC. Those are pretty high rates for factoring, TBH, but the can "spot" factor.

Besides that, whatever they pay back, they can draw again.
    https://www.abfunders.com/business-l...ine-of-credit/

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Simple interest on Bluevine's products are in the 24% range. That's a 1.24 amortized over 6 or sometimes 12 months.
    The .5-1.5% rate is for factoring not the LOC. Those are pretty high rates for factoring, TBH, but the can "spot" factor.

We don't spot factor or select factor. There are other groups out there that do with much better rates than BlueVine. 1.5%/week!!! Yikes!!!
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    We don't spot factor or select factor. There are other groups out there that do with much better rates than BlueVine. 1.5%/week!!! Yikes!!!
    Correction-We will select factor if there is enough volume to make it worth our time. Example: I was approached by a company yesterday that does $50Mil/year in revenue and would like to factor 4 of their customers that account for 40% of revenue.

We have also done true sales.....not many have pulled those off efficiently.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post

I am looking at their offerings right now, Flex 6 .35% to 1.5% per week 5-22% simple interest over 6 months
    Flex 12 1.5-6.5% per month. 11-47% simple interest over 12.
    i guess i was confused.

Who else does LOCs besides Kabbage, BluVine and FundBox?
    Adam Ward
    911 Ave U
    Brooklyn NY 11235
    adam@Funding-Zone
    347-269-1598

Senior Member Reputation points: 51397 DTFdowntofund's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AllDayMoney View Post
    On Deck

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Lots of new companies in the pre-pop-out stage going to be offering LOC.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Member Reputation points: 5011

I keep hearing Breakout Capital does.

Member Reputation points: 4856

Warning: I work at BlueVine, so I'm a bit biased

Rates

- 12 month LOC: Simple interest of 8.7% - 47% (equivalent to a 1.09 - 1.47 factor rate over 12 months)

- 6 month LOC: Simple interest of 4.8% - 22% (equivalent to a 1.05 - 1.22 factor rate over 6 months)

- Factoring: 0.25% - 1.5% per week. This is a large range in price that allows us to work with a broad range of customers.

@skideeppow: The customer value proposition on the LOC is the following:

1) It's an interest rate, so there is no pre-payment penalty (like you see with a factor rate)
    2) As the customer pays back the principle, they can re-draw those funds without the need for a "renewal" (it's an LOC after all!)
    3) The LOC can co-exist with another loan or MCA; we don't require 1st position

Essentially, any customer who is optimizing for flexibility will prefer the LOC.

One other comment on pricing - on average, we tend to be much less expensive capital vs. other MCA and TL options for like-for-like customers.

@kevinhenry0527

These days, I mostly target customers with annual revenue of $5M - $50M. Considering we're a spot factor (i.e. don't lock customers into minimums & other fees) and that we're 100% online software-enabled, we tend to win many more deals than we lose.

We quote one weekly rate with NO hidden fees in long-term contracts. Once you add in the hidden fees that most factors pepper into contracts, we tend to beat those factors on price (i.e. least expensive cost of capital all in). CFOs of lower middle market are sophisticated to the point where they'll run that math on total cost of capital.

Matt Estes
    Head of Originations
    partners@bluevine.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 19288

call blue vine and have them explain it to you instead of coming on daily funder lol

Senior Member Reputation points: 20465 Fundyman's Avatar

I just saw a Flex Line of Credit from Bluevine a few days ago:

Monthly rate: 2.75%
    12 pmts
    Simple interest rate: 18.76%
    When I did the math from an example of total paid vs. net after the 1.60% draw fee, it was about 20% total interest paid.
    you need a selling point? Here's one: There is NO COMPARISON between a simple interest loan & a cash advance. If you can get a simple interest loan, you grab that ASAP.

Another thing to consider is that a cash advance funder will usually approve for more than Bluevine will. It's just that the money is a lot more expensive.
    Bluevine money, just like IOU, and whoever else does simple interest (Quarterspot..., etc...) make it that if you're able to pay early, you don't have to pay the entire interest.

On any cash advance, you're paying full payback, minus maybe 7% discount if you pay it back on full term or in 2 weeks. So that's your selling point right here. Simple interest on top of the fact that you have a true line of credit, no matter how expensive it may seem to be. I can't believe I'm still not signed up w/ Bluevine!

Senior Member Reputation points: 5036 DiamondBL's Avatar

It's a solid program if your client fits. The payout is pretty nice if the client keeps dipping in.
    They can pay off and use as needed. (selling point)
    Jonathan Kohanoff
    B.R.E. #01962090

Diamond Business Loans
    Beverly Hills, CA 90211
    jon@diamondbl.com
    www.DiamondBL.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

No COJ

Like I said in another string, Bluevine is not the product that "sales floors" sell to their clients, since it's residuals. Unless there's a W2 employee, a rep can't be paid 1-1.5 on every draw if they're only there for 6 months! Hard shoes to fill.

I for one personally love Bluevine. It's a product most don't offer because of this "problem" that they are selling money on the phone. Lenders (not just funders) deserve business, too!

It's good for me at least!

Headway Capital (Enova)

Quote Originally Posted by matt.estes View Post

Rates

- 12 month LOC: Simple interest of 8.7% - 47% (equivalent to a 1.09 - 1.47 factor rate over 12 months)

- 6 month LOC: Simple interest of 4.8% - 22% (equivalent to a 1.05 - 1.22 factor rate over 6 months)

- Factoring: 0.25% - 1.5% per week. This is a large range in price that allows us to work with a broad range of customers.

@skideeppow: The customer value proposition on the LOC is the following:

1) It's an interest rate, so there is no pre-payment penalty (like you see with a factor rate)
    2) As the customer pays back the principle, they can re-draw those funds without the need for a "renewal" (it's an LOC after all!)
    3) The LOC can co-exist with another loan or MCA; we don't require 1st position

Essentially, any customer who is optimizing for flexibility will prefer the LOC.

One other comment on pricing - on average, we tend to be much less expensive capital vs. other MCA and TL options for like-for-like customers.

@kevinhenry0527

These days, I mostly target customers with annual revenue of $5M - $50M. Considering we're a spot factor (i.e. don't lock customers into minimums & other fees) and that we're 100% online software-enabled, we tend to win many more deals than we lose.

We quote one weekly rate with NO hidden fees in long-term contracts. Once you add in the hidden fees that most factors pepper into contracts, we tend to beat those factors on price (i.e. least expensive cost of capital all in). CFOs of lower middle market are sophisticated to the point where they'll run that math on total cost of capital.

Matt Estes
    Head of Originations
    partners@bluevine.com
    to revisit, i have sent over 15-16 deals, not one approval. Dont know how you guys underwrite but it sure isnt working for me.

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Quote Originally Posted by matt.estes View Post

Rates

[/email]
    Walk me through that math, chief... 47% simple interest? that assumes balloon payment or payments throughout the term.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3229

Direct Funder | MCA | Public Companies | Convertible Notes | Hard Money
    D. 516-667-6817
    paul@coolidgecapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    Walk me through that math, chief... 47% simple interest? that assumes balloon payment or payments throughout the term.
    The 12 month LOC is fully amortizing with a monthly payment. The 6 month LOC is fully amortizing with a weekly payment. We offer calculators that include their products' respective amortization schedules. Reach out to your rep if you'd like to see either Excel calculator.

Matt Estes
    BlueVine
    partnerinquiry@bluevine.com

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    to revisit, i have sent over 15-16 deals, not one approval. Dont know how you guys underwrite but it sure isnt working for me.
    I'd like to help you, but would need to know who you are so I can look at your account. Send an email to 'partners@bluevine.com' if you'd like to discuss.

We can give you eligibility criteria (FICO, NSFs, TIB, monthly revenue, etc.) where we can fairly confidently predict you'll hit a 70%+ approval rate...

Matt Estes
    BlueVine
    partnerinquiry@bluevine.com