Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Where are you getting your leads?

SEO?
    Telemarketing?
    Direct mail?
    Live transfers or pay-per-call?
    Aged leads?

I've preached this before, but I'll bug about it again.... Referrals are the way to go.

How big is your funded database? 3 deals? 50 deals? 1,250 deals? Why aren't you calling these people MONTHLY and asking for referrals?

If you are already doing this, great. But why not take it a step further and think.... Who can send you a ton of referrals? Accountants? Bookkeeping companies? SBA lenders?

Sure, you can beg them for their declines/referrals... And hell, you will probably fund a ton of deals through it!

But just imagine if you called someone and didn't want anything from them.

Imagine if you called someone and spent your time helping them sell their services.

Imagine if you made the price objection "disappear" for a company's sales team.

What would that be worth to an owner? What would that be worth to a sales manager? If you deliver that message right... They would send you ALL of their business. Hell, you could even help them upsell a bigger package, and offer them a few points on top of it!

All I'm saying here.... is get creative. If you pound UCC lists all day and stack loans on On deck, CAN, or whoever... you're just another money peddler, not a true consultant.

Go out and hunt in that big blue ocean of untapped business. I promise, it's worth it.

Zachary Ramirez
    Core Business Loans
    714-988-4413
    zach@corebusinessloans.com
    Last edited by Zach; 08-20-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Well said!

I concur ...

Senior Member Reputation points: 2019 Lenders.Marketing's Avatar

I'm all for referrals but if you are just getting started on a lean budget or you're tired of the same song and dance from the 'lead guys' try something proven to produce since the days of Sears and Roebuck. Direct Marketing (direct mail, phones and nowadays email) is a less expensive avenue and usually a more cost-effective alternative.

All of the direct lenders and big resellers do it, why? You know why, because it works.

Let me guess you tried it once and it didn't work perfectly so you determined it doesn't work for 'your' company. Did Mickey Mantle hit a home run on his first at bat? No. (For the young whipper-snappers sub in your favorite current slugger.)

My two cents, work with someone who knows what works. You need a solid creative (mail piece, email creative, phone script) and a solid list of business owners.

If you are on a shoestring budget hit the phones and emails first then reinvest in direct mail from the profits you've earned. This is how a lot of the new companies get the ball rolling and how the rich get richer.

My advice is to find a reputable marketing company that specializes in the business loan space and experiment with the different products, crunch the numbers and reinvest in the one that works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    SEO?
    Telemarketing?
    Direct mail?
    Live transfers or pay-per-call?
    Aged leads?

I've preached this before, but I'll bug about it again.... Referrals are the way to go.

How big is your funded database? 3 deals? 50 deals? 1,250 deals? Why aren't you calling these people MONTHLY and asking for referrals?

If you are already doing this, great. But why not take it a step further and think.... Who can send you a ton of referrals? Accountants? Bookkeeping companies? SBA lenders?

Sure, you can beg them for their declines/referrals... And hell, you will probably fund a ton of deals through it!

But just imagine if you called someone and didn't want anything from them.

Imagine if you called someone and spent your time helping them sell their services.

Imagine if you made the price objection "disappear" for a company's sales team.

What would that be worth to an owner? What would that be worth to a sales manager? If you deliver that message right... They would send you ALL of their business. Hell, you could even help them upsell a bigger package, and offer them a few points on top of it!

All I'm saying here.... is get creative. If you pound UCC lists all day and stack loans on On deck, CAN, or whoever... you're just another money peddler, not a true consultant.

Go out and hunt in that big blue ocean of untapped business. I promise, it's worth it.

Zachary Ramirez
    Core Business Loans
    714-988-4413
    zach@corebusinessloans.com
    3110 Main Street
    Building C
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

info@lendersmarketing.com
    www.lendersmarketing.com

Direct (805) 765-6459
    Toll-Free (888) 988-2867
    Fax Number (818) 925-9686