Why did sfs funder change theier name?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why did sfs funder change theier name?

Very interesting.

Something fishy.

Nothing fishy with that. Strategic is the best in the game in my opinion. They have been re-branding for almost a year now and even came out with online checkout. Please get your facts right before you gossip.

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

Been hearing about this for a while now. Not surprising for the rebrand, especially with all the things they have going on.

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Quote Originally Posted by funding pro View Post
    Been hearing about this for a while now. Not surprising for the rebrand, especially with all the things they have going on.
    what things do they have going on?
    I put my contact info in here, and
    was bombarded with spam from funders
    if you need to reach me PM me

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomingdale Funding View Post
    Very interesting.

Something fishy.
    This isn't a situation like Citi changing their name to Mr Advance. Funders of SFS's size re-brand for much different reasons - nothing sketchy.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50201

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    This isn't a situation like Citi changing their name to Mr Advance. Funders of SFS's size re-brand for much different reasons - nothing sketchy.
    Giberlta switched to Wellen awhile ago also nothing crazy...just rebranding...

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

thats because wellen acquired Gibraltar. Typically, you don't want to change a brand name once it is that long in the marketplace unless an acquisition took over? But even than, they tend touse the same name. i.e rapidadvance was purchased by they kept the RA name.

Senior Member Reputation points: 51397 DTFdowntofund's Avatar

I heard SFS is doing some big overhaul soon to be unveiled. Thought it was more of a LOC type of product they were launching or something along those lines

Senior Member Reputation points: 226125

And now their website has SBAs, invoice factoring, POs, LOCs under their "products we offer"......

Senior Member Reputation points: 38639 patrickw's Avatar

What will happen to their existing ISO? how would they send new deals?
    Patrick Wilson
    Managing Partner
    www.PremierCapitalNetwork.com

(NO MORE LENDER/FUNDER CALL PLZ)

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    And now their website has SBAs, invoice factoring, POs, LOCs under their "products we offer"......
    They offered some of those like factoring for years .

Senior Member Reputation points: 34509 Jstarr's Avatar

here it is,

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300778245.html

NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Strategic Funding Source, a veteran of the small and medium-sized business alternative lending space, today announced the launch of a new corporate brand identity, including a new name. As part of this rebrand, the funding division and servicing division will be united under the name Kapitus. The unification of these two divisions will allow for an improved experience for both clients and partners.

Since its inception in 2006, Strategic Funding Source has provided over $2 billion to almost 40,000 businesses in hundreds of industries across the U.S. Over the past two years, the organization has been proactively building out its executive team, bringing in a wealth of experience to transform its risk model, underwriting processes, lending capacity and product line, technology capabilities and customer experience.

With these and other planned advancements, the company required a new brand that better reflected the company's commitment to be a reliable source of capital to all small and mid-sized business owners.

"The small business lending landscape is consolidating around a few strong and reputable companies. Over the last several years, Kapitus has experienced tremendous growth both in its product offerings to small and medium-sized businesses and in the total number of businesses it serves," said Andy Reiser, CEO of Kapitus. "We chose a name and identity that represents our strength and stability as well as our promise to be a responsible and fair source of capital to small and medium-sized businesses nationwide."

Along with the name change there will be a new logo, tagline ("Let's Grow Together") and domain name (kapitus.com). The rebrand is the first step in the company's strategy to grow its own financing product line, add to its marketplace of 3rd party lenders and create a foundation for new partnership opportunities. The new brand also represents the company's commitment to keep the human touch throughout the financing process, while improving customer experience through technology to aid the decisioning process and improve speed to funding.

"This is an exciting change for us," added Reiser. "This new branding builds upon our history and pays allegiance to our standing as a leader in a fast-evolving industry, opening the door for future opportunities for us, our clients and our partners."

About Kapitus
    Founded in 2006 and headquartered in NYC, Kapitus is one of the most reliable and respected names in small business financing. As both a direct lender and a marketplace built with a trusted network of lending partners, Kapitus is able to provide small businesses the financing they need, when and how it is needed. With one application business owners can save time and money, while eliminating the stress that comes with applying to different lenders. At Kapitus, we believe that business owners should be able to focus on running their business, while we take care of the financing. To learn more, visit www.kapitus.com.

Laura Vinci
    G&S Business Communications for Kapitus
    lvinci@gscommunications.com
    917-595-3095
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding
    433 Plaza Real,
    Boca Raton, Fl 33432
    P: 800-805-3391 Fx: 561-270-6895
    insourcefunding.net

WHAT WOULD YOU DO " IF " YOU HAD THE CAPITAL

◆ 50% LTV - No Fico Required
    ◆ 90% CLTV on Purchases
    ◆ Investment Residential / Commercial Properties

jstarr for the win

Senior Member Reputation points: 11887 KINGCASH's Avatar

Very simple.. There's a corporate turnaround with the same name, and they didn't want to be associated. I'm sure there's more to it because of the generic of the name, but that right there alone is a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstarr View Post
    here it is,

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300778245.html

NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Strategic Funding Source, a veteran of the small and medium-sized business alternative lending space, today announced the launch of a new corporate brand identity, including a new name. As part of this rebrand, the funding division and servicing division will be united under the name Kapitus. The unification of these two divisions will allow for an improved experience for both clients and partners.

Since its inception in 2006, Strategic Funding Source has provided over $2 billion to almost 40,000 businesses in hundreds of industries across the U.S. Over the past two years, the organization has been proactively building out its executive team, bringing in a wealth of experience to transform its risk model, underwriting processes, lending capacity and product line, technology capabilities and customer experience.

With these and other planned advancements, the company required a new brand that better reflected the company's commitment to be a reliable source of capital to all small and mid-sized business owners.

"The small business lending landscape is consolidating around a few strong and reputable companies. Over the last several years, Kapitus has experienced tremendous growth both in its product offerings to small and medium-sized businesses and in the total number of businesses it serves," said Andy Reiser, CEO of Kapitus. "We chose a name and identity that represents our strength and stability as well as our promise to be a responsible and fair source of capital to small and medium-sized businesses nationwide."

Along with the name change there will be a new logo, tagline ("Let's Grow Together") and domain name (kapitus.com). The rebrand is the first step in the company's strategy to grow its own financing product line, add to its marketplace of 3rd party lenders and create a foundation for new partnership opportunities. The new brand also represents the company's commitment to keep the human touch throughout the financing process, while improving customer experience through technology to aid the decisioning process and improve speed to funding.

"This is an exciting change for us," added Reiser. "This new branding builds upon our history and pays allegiance to our standing as a leader in a fast-evolving industry, opening the door for future opportunities for us, our clients and our partners."

About Kapitus
    Founded in 2006 and headquartered in NYC, Kapitus is one of the most reliable and respected names in small business financing. As both a direct lender and a marketplace built with a trusted network of lending partners, Kapitus is able to provide small businesses the financing they need, when and how it is needed. With one application business owners can save time and money, while eliminating the stress that comes with applying to different lenders. At Kapitus, we believe that business owners should be able to focus on running their business, while we take care of the financing. To learn more, visit www.kapitus.com.

Laura Vinci
    G&S Business Communications for Kapitus
    lvinci@gscommunications.com
    917-595-3095
    Vinci? Is this a real or aka name?

I thought the news was from cnbc or bloomberg or nytimes financial.

How reliable is prnews? I never heard of them.

I hate the name

Quote Originally Posted by DTFdowntofund View Post
    I hate the name
    That's crazy talk! Kapitus is sooo much better than Strategic!

Senior Member Reputation points: 34509 Jstarr's Avatar

PR news wire, https://www.prnewswire.com.

this is a platform where press releases are distributed from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomingdale Funding View Post
    Vinci? Is this a real or aka name?

I thought the news was from cnbc or bloomberg or nytimes financial.

How reliable is prnews? I never heard of them.
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding
    433 Plaza Real,
    Boca Raton, Fl 33432
    P: 800-805-3391 Fx: 561-270-6895
    insourcefunding.net

WHAT WOULD YOU DO " IF " YOU HAD THE CAPITAL

◆ 50% LTV - No Fico Required
    ◆ 90% CLTV on Purchases
    ◆ Investment Residential / Commercial Properties

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

So on the topic of rebrands we've now seen:

SFS -> Kapitus
    AmeriMerchant -> Capify
    Retail Capital -> Credibly
    MCC -> BizFi
    AdvanceMe -> CAN
    1st Funds -> Principis

Any others? Which one was the best from a branding standpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by CStewart View Post
    That's crazy talk! Kapitus is sooo much better than Strategic!
    Kap-i-tus may be a tongue twister for many merchants.

I googled it to find a meaning since it sounds jewish greek mixture. Low and behold an instagram picture with the hashtag #kapitus appear from dec christmas party. seems like they have been using the alias for awhile now.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by funding pro View Post
    So on the topic of rebrands we've now seen:

SFS -> Kapitus
    AmeriMerchant -> Capify
    Retail Capital -> Credibly
    MCC -> BizFi
    AdvanceMe -> CAN
    1st Funds -> Principis

Any others? Which one was the best from a branding standpoint?
    Don't forget Paramount -> Fora

I liked BizFi's rebranding the best. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Don't forget Paramount -> Fora

I liked BizFi's rebranding the best. RIP.
    Literally ditto. I had this conversation last night. He's Circadian now.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Funny....Circadian was the original name of MCC's ISO before Jared & Guiliano came up with NLF

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Speaking of NLF, Circadian, MCC, Biz Fi, etc......whatever happened to Mitch Levy?

I should start my side iso company called capitus...

What u guys think?