Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Steve Kamhi
    Director ISO Relations
    fundkite
    1929-999-6100

Senior Member Reputation points: 51397 DTFdowntofund's Avatar

Say fundkite one more time...

Quote Originally Posted by DTFdowntofund View Post
    If you really look at the logic, and it was your money.. would you want to fund someone who recv'd an advance in the past and didn't pay that guy back? If he didn't follow through with him, why would he with you? It's about calculated risk assessment, and if people are willing to take that risk, chances are they have sustained a pretty high default ratio. Obv unless the "default" was due to some outside-the-box circumstances.. I have one right now like that, but they're few and far between.
    people deserve a second chance

Quote Originally Posted by DTFdowntofund View Post
    I'm not saying a default is an automatic one way ticket to F-U-ville, but in the grand scheme of paper, they're def the most difficult / time consuming. I always tell people that this product isn't cookie cutter.. things are analyzed on a case-by-case basis. With that being said, some instances are not what they seem at all, ie- paused payment req, penalty discrepancies etc.. but even with straight lack of repayment, I think if your niche is trying to assist there, there are instances where issues such as hurricane damage or other circumstances beyond someone's control may come into play. But that too also brings another issue to light, in that the majority of merchants who find themselves in difficult situations take it up on themselves to reach out to the funders who they currently have open positions with and have open lines of communication with the retention / risk management departments concerning that to prevent the default from the jump. I dunno. If that's your sweet spot, by all means have at it. ****, I have a couple I'll shoot your way myself lol.
    Correct, which is why this was my response immediately after.

yes i am !!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenk1818 View Post
    yes i am !!
    Reverses not bringing it home these day eh?

Senior Member Reputation points: 24

Matt. I have a merchant that had a previous default. Paid in full. Construction. 3-5 deposits per month, but June was negligible. 3 deposits $3,000. July picked back up, and he keeps high balances. I have funded him several times since the default. He has an offer for 20k. but is only for 30 days. I had an offer of $28k pb $42,972 for 60 days, but deal died after contract signed, because low volume and low number of deposits in June. Volume picked up in July. He needs 20-25k for 45 days+. Credit is 700+. Can you do this?

Senior Member Reputation points: 24

Matt. I have a merchant that had a previous default. Paid in full. Construction. 3-5 deposits per month, but June was negligible. 3 deposits $3,000. July picked back up, and he keeps high balances. I have funded him several times since the default. He has an offer for 20k. but is only for 30 days. I had an offer of $28k pb $42,972 for 60 days, but deal died after contract signed, because low volume and low number of deposits in June. Volume picked up in July. He needs 20-25k for 45 days+. Credit is 700+. Can you do this?