How To find out who is calling my deals
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 14001

How To find out who is calling my deals

Hi DF Community,
    there has been one specific number that has been reaching out to my merchants. I am trying to find out who it belongs to, if any one can please advise on the best way to trace who a number belongs to.

thank you !

Senior Member Reputation points: 49585 CraaaCraaa Radio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blashley View Post
    Hi DF Community,
    there has been one specific number that has been reaching out to my merchants. I am trying to find out who it belongs to, if any one can please advise on the best way to trace who a number belongs to.
    Start using google and generate a number for each lender you send to? This way you can narrow it down.
    Disclaimer
    This message brought to you by
    :

CraaaCraaa Radio ®

http://debanked.com/merchant-cash-ad...nce-directory/

World of MCA
    E.V.P Business Development

Also can any one recommend a good background search website. TIA

Senior Member Reputation points: 8875 Enablement Data's Avatar

Hi DF Community,
    What's the number?
    DataOps
    Enablementdata.com
    DataOps@enablementdata.com
    433 Broadway
    New York, NY 10013

Senior Member Reputation points: 51397 DTFdowntofund's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraaaCraaa Radio View Post
    Start using google and generate a number for each lender you send to? This way you can narrow it down.
    this

Senior Member Reputation points: 58222

Quote Originally Posted by DTFdowntofund View Post
    this
    that

Senior Member Reputation points: 27404

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    that
    these

Member Reputation points: 6902 morgan.quinn's Avatar

Clear, TLO, etc. but neither service is free. Are you a broker that wants to run background checks on your merchants? If so and you're solo, it might be hard to get approved for their services.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan.quinn View Post
    Clear, TLO, etc. but neither service is free. Are you a broker that wants to run background checks on your merchants? If so and you're solo, it might be hard to get approved for their services.
    dont quit ur day job kid.. as in the one you had before attempting mca
    Last edited by DTFdowntofund; 01-05-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Been in the industry since 2016... I'm not a broker. Never have been, never will be. Just offering advice to someone whose question had gone unanswered. I noted that it may be hard to get approved for the services because the companies I listed typically conduct site visits. If OP is working from home it won't be a good look.

(My comment was to their question: "Also can any one recommend a good background search website. TIA")

Everyone is calling everyone's merchants, it's nothing new and it won't stop. Welcome to cash advance.

Been in the industry since 2016... I'm not a broker. Never have been, never will be. Just offering advice to someone whose question had gone unanswered. I noted that it may be hard to get approved for the services because the companies I listed typically conduct site visits. If OP is working from home it won't be a good look.
    I've been in this for 9+ years and you missed the point of the topic completely. He didn't want to know about backgrounds of merchants, he wanted to know how to figure out who is backdooring his deals and how to pinpoint it. nice try though.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3229

blashley did ask for a good background source
    Direct Funder | MCA | Public Companies | Convertible Notes | Hard Money
    D. 516-667-6817
    paul@coolidgecapital.com

that's adorable

Quote Originally Posted by paulypubco View Post
    blashley did ask for a good background source
    Thanks Was just trying to help OP answer the other question they had.

Senior Member Reputation points: 11887 KINGCASH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    www.spydialer.com I think it is

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

as i scrolled down this thread it looked like a dating site!

Senior Member Reputation points: 58222

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    as i scrolled down this thread it looked like a dating site!
    In the www.dumbleads.com break room, we dvr’d This thread thinking it was it was Step Sisters, the sequel to Step Brothers, except with more salty sauce, and and neo soul.

I thought all girls sticky sticky together...

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    In the www.dumbleads.com break room, we dvr’d This thread thinking it was it was Step Sisters, the sequel to Step Brothers, except with more salty sauce, and and neo soul.

I thought all girls sticky sticky together...
    boats n' hoes.

Nah but see, there's a difference when one of them is Steve Jobs, and the other one works in a T-Mobile in Schenectady. Apples and oranges.

boats n' hoes.

Nah but see, there's a difference when one of them is Steve Jobs, and the other one works in a T-Mobile in Schenectady. Apples and oranges.
    If you’ve been in MCA for more than a month, you find out about the little google voice trick mentioned in this thread. Before that it was burner phones. Awesome.

Anyone reading this thread would clearly see my post wasn’t to the original question— It was to a follow-up question that blashley asked.

If you think anyone on this site is stupid enough to suggest using background websites to find out who’s calling merchants you’re seriously underestimating the intelligence of your peers. Maybe you just like to pick fights to flaunt your knowledge- That’s common and understandable, and it doesn’t bother me. In fact, your posts are usually right on the money. Unfortunately, this wasn’t one of those times.
    Last edited by morgan.quinn; 01-10-2019 at 09:12 AM.

If you think anyone on this site is stupid enough to suggest using background websites to find out who’s calling merchants you’re seriously underestimating the intelligence of your peers.
    You're right about that. However that has literally nothing to do with what you said or my response kid.

To refresh your memory...

1) He knows someone is calling his merchants (here, I am referencing "another broker").

2) You chime in and say verbatim, "Clear, TLO, etc. but neither service is free. Are you a broker that wants to run background checks on your merchants? If so and you're solo, it might be hard to get approved for their services." (which obviously has nothing to do with another broker / finding out who they are to prevent them from backdooring more deals)

3) Then I say "you missed the point of the topic completely. He didn't want to know about backgrounds of merchants, he wanted to know how to figure out who is backdooring his deals and how to pinpoint it."

4) You finally swoop in with this gem, stating that if I think people are stupid for using google voice (which of course I use myself) and use websites to "to find out who’s calling merchants" then I underestimate them. True true kid. Cept you didn't have anything to do with THAT conversation.

Let me explain something to you. I have been referred to as a young veteran in this business. I am one of the creators of what you do right now. After I worked at a brokerage firm on Wall St, I was solicited to get into MCA to build an ISO department. Except back then, there was no such thing as an ISO department... it was a brand new concept. I was brought in, had no direction, and had to imagine up how to develop a department for ISOs to send deals to us and fine tune and create the whole thing from scratch and it had never been done before. This company was Paramount Merchant Funding, but these days you'd know it as Fora Financial. I've been playing this game since a time when a common decline reason was "has an advance with another company". First positions only. I have been in this from the jump, and watched this ever evolving creature grow and change in every way imaginable. I built ISO departments for several lenders (back in the olden days we called them this). I've built and run 7 ISO shops personally; trained hundreds of brokers. I've gone overseas and help develop call centers and determined how to execute lead gen facilities. I have been underwriting for 7+ years and taught funding houses how to fine tune their parameters. I've built platforms. I am extremely proficient in all things MCA, I eat, live and breathe this biz. I do not challenge people, I actually like to see people grow and thrive. But what I don't do, is tolerate nonsense from nobodys. So next time you want to try and call me out, make you know exactly what you're talking about because I'm one of a few females in this industry at this level. & when you have billionaire CEOs begging you to come work for them like they do with me now, come find me and I'll buy you a martini.. cause then you're really playing with the big boys. And by big boys, I mean me.

Also can any one recommend a good background search website. TIA
    You're right about that. However that has literally nothing to do with what you said or my response kid.

To refresh your memory...

1) He knows someone is calling his merchants (here, I am referencing "another broker").

2) You chime in and say verbatim, "Clear, TLO, etc. but neither service is free. Are you a broker that wants to run background checks on your merchants? If so and you're solo, it might be hard to get approved for their services." (which obviously has nothing to do with another broker / finding out who they are to prevent them from backdooring more deals)

3) Then I say "you missed the point of the topic completely. He didn't want to know about backgrounds of merchants, he wanted to know how to figure out who is backdooring his deals and how to pinpoint it."

4) You finally swoop in with this gem, stating that if I think people are stupid for using google voice (which of course I use myself) and use websites to "to find out who’s calling merchants" then I underestimate them. True true kid. Cept you didn't have anything to do with THAT conversation.

Let me explain something to you. I have been referred to as a young veteran in this business. I am one of the creators of what you do right now. After I worked at a brokerage firm on Wall St, I was solicited to get into MCA to build an ISO department. Except back then, there was no such thing as an ISO department... it was a brand new concept. I was brought in, had no direction, and had to imagine up how to develop a department for ISOs to send deals to us and fine tune and create the whole thing from scratch and it had never been done before. This company was Paramount Merchant Funding, but these days you'd know it as Fora Financial. I've been playing this game since a time when a common decline reason was "has an advance with another company". First positions only. I have been in this from the jump, and watched this ever evolving creature grow and change in every way imaginable. I built ISO departments for several lenders (back in the olden days we called them this). I've built and run 7 ISO shops personally; trained hundreds of brokers. I've gone overseas and help develop call centers and determined how to execute lead gen facilities. I have been underwriting for 7+ years and taught funding houses how to fine tune their parameters. I've built platforms. I am extremely proficient in all things MCA, I eat, live and breathe this biz. I do not challenge people, I actually like to see people grow and thrive. But what I don't do, is tolerate nonsense from nobodys. So next time you want to try and call me out, make you know exactly what you're talking about because I'm one of a few females in this industry at this level. & when you have billionaire CEOs begging you to come work for them like they do with me now, come find me and I'll buy you a martini.. cause then you're really playing with the big boys. And by big boys, I mean me.

OMG I'm done. Please re-read the thread. You have managed to misread it this entire time. You missed blashley's second question. You misread my responses. You misread my follow-up response about the google voice trick. This thread is a train wreck. Good day