Ondeck + Kabbage. Backdoor effect.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 39065

Ondeck + Kabbage. Backdoor effect.

As of late, I've noticed all my high credit merchants whom are declined at ondeck are directly contacted within 48 hours by Kabbage via text, email, and and a call.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

I've noticed the trend. Ondeck is the only company whose portal we put any actual owner information since if you dont it can screw up the checkout...

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

Are the approved ones also getting calls from Kabbage? Could be a highly targeted inquiry trigger lead gen tool Kabbage is using.

Only declines

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Are the approved ones also getting calls from Kabbage? Could be a highly targeted inquiry trigger lead gen tool Kabbage is using.
    I figure, because ondeck IS an amazing 1st pos funder. They've been approving a lot of b paper for me, and 200% of gross monthly rev approvals.

Member Reputation points: 5011

Quote Originally Posted by Zonefund View Post
    As of late, I've noticed all my high credit merchants whom are declined at ondeck are directly contacted within 48 hours by Kabbage via text, email, and and a call.

I've noticed the trend. Ondeck is the only company whose portal we put any actual owner information since if you dont it can screw up the checkout...
    Have you contacted OnDeck directly about this?

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

don't think trigger leads would have all this data: text, email? What information does a trigger lead give you? cell phones of merchants? sounds like a fishy story. ODC would benefit zero handing over A paper to Kabbage unless they just want to see brokers disappear

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

In this thread:

Anecdotal evidence that one broker's A-paper clients also get solicitations by another major commercial lender.

Backdoor effect? C'mon now, you're going to have to bring some stronger evidence before you start throwing that word around.

Senior Member Reputation points: 20156

Kabbage targets high credit merchants through text, email, and calls as normal business practice. It would have to be a pretty big sample size to understand if that's really the case and you haven't stated how many merchants this happened with. Kabbage owns a deal once they get it, and OnDeck has a sales team so they can continue following up on deals that don't convert that week/month. OnDeck (the corporation) doesn't have a lot of incentive to do this. If you're saying it's a rogue scoundrel in the office, that's different.

www.UccRadar.com - Spend Less Time Prospecting and More Time Answering Appointments.

Senior Member Reputation points: 60165

ive come to learn no matter where you send your paper to eventually it will be on the market

so just put in a fake number that you will answer

lets just say they are calling your declines is that going to stop you from sending them paper and taking advantage of that sexy online checkout?

Again, it's a pattern. I've noticed it a few times

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Well, I'm convinced. I bet Kabbage calls OnDeck every day asking if Zonefund has sent them any applications.

Last edited by Nunya; 12-17-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 60165

okay so stop subbing to them

Senior Member Reputation points: 57713

every funder sells their declines, even ondeck... don't get declined, place your deals proper

^ is selling personal data legal? after you enter a deal into a portal, does that give said company the right to sell that information ^

Senior Member Reputation points: 57713

Selling leads is fine... ssn not so much

Senior Member Reputation points: 18447

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dolla View Post
    Selling leads is fine... ssn not so much
    Selling leads that you don’t generate, leads that were generated by ISOs is not fine. Simple solution is to ask ondeck to reply in writing is they forward declines to kabbage.

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    ^ is selling personal data legal? after you enter a deal into a portal, does that give said company the right to sell that information ^
    What does their T&Cs say? ISO Agreement
    Last edited by fundjax; 12-18-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: add

Some of the ISO agreements say that once you submit, they own the lead. At that point, you have given up your right's to that merchant. Red Line # 1. Second, some ISO agreements say they or their affiliates can solicit the merchant (affiliates can be any funder they farm out deals to). Literally, the ISO is giving up their customers THEY paid for, to these companies that you signed off on this language. I bet over 50% of IC'c and ISO's NEVER read through all the details of any ISO agreement and come on here and complain, when, the agreement itself says what it says. Just realize, those agreements are written to protect the funder, and, take over the business you generate. It would be worth the investment to have your attorney's scan the agreements and give you their take on them. May be the best investment you make if you plan on building any meaningful portfolio with any funder. Read the renewal clauses as well.