COJ talk - Real talk
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

I was responding to @fundingsmbs question regarding Pearl being the first LARGE MCA to start using COJ's. I think size of the company isn't really relevant. Pearl was probably using them in their agreements more than most at that point, and was funding a lot of business. Pearl was killing it on individual units and had a minuscule default rate. So they didn't file many judgements overall. And, back then there weren't a substantial amount of large Pearl deals. So a lot of their deals, or at least for the first few years of the Abe/Meir days, didn't have COJ's and were small enough to deal with internally. That led to simple basic collection reps in the office (good old Marion) hounding people all day. It was effective until **** went crazy and $150k+ 2nd positions deals started to exist, and 4-15th positions started!

I still remember him on the phone telling merchants "Persistence beats resistance" and that Im gonna keep calling until you pay... Once told a default of mine, a tow company, to get in his tow truck and drive down to NY to make payments... Loved the suits though...