Quote Originally Posted by SmartAdvanced View Post
You very nicely avoided and skipped my question about the 50 day deals - that CFG is doing all day long - after you go ahead and rip people who do 30 day deals

Any funder that doesn't fund with an algorithmic "box" is going to look for value in deals and try to put some type of offer on files that are fundable.

A 10 day deal is WAAAAYY different than a 50 day deal.
A 10 day deal is almost always sold by telling the merchant something that simply will not happen. Term loan. Bigger longer refi.

I don't know Nanoflex well, only that they'll swing on deals with aged defaults-- which is suuuper risky but isn't idiotic (Credit One does the same thing, but with credit cards)
I'd even be willing to bet that the ISO on this file kept pushing for an offer on a deal and the underwriter went "fine-- you want this deal so bad, here's an offer, take it or leave it"

Now a 50 day deal

You've never had a merchant that was waiting on a check from a vendor, but had awful credit and MAYBE even had some intense funders in there with you?
You're giving the guy a shot on something you're comfortable with and he's always welcome to say no

And while we're at it-- why is 4 months an acceptable term, but 3 is nuts?
Where's the logic there

"I only charge 1.45's, but anyone who charges a 1.46 is just greedy. By the way, I won't take less than 10 points on the funded --but I will never charge more than 5% as a fee because I'm one of the good guys"

Pot calling the kettle black