Shout out to Anthony (YSC)
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Karen’s jealous.
    7 Habits of Highly Effective People.... Steven Covey

** I told you I brainwashed myself, we all can win together... I am a "Win-Win or No deal" person...I can tell you what you are West and most people here, and clients over the phone.. **

https://www.franklincovey.com/the-7-habits.html

The fourth habit: Think win/win

Having realised how much power we actually have over our own lives (Habit 1: Be proactive), considering then what we truly wish to achieve throughout our lifetime (Habit 2: Begin with the end in mind), and then taking action (Habit 3: Putting first things first), we now come to a point where interacting with other proactive, mission focused and organised people will exponentially increase effectiveness.

The 6 paradigms of human interaction:

Covey states that in order to manage our relationships with others effectively, we need to think “Win/Win”. Beyond being a technique, it is a philosophy. According to the author there are 6 paradigms of human interaction:

Win
    Win/Lose
    Lose/Win
    Lose/Lose
    Win/Win or No Deal
    Win/Win
    What’s wrong with a simple Win, or at worse a Win/Lose?

Win: people working in the Win paradigm wish to win at all costs, other people don’t matter. It’s an “every man for himself” mentality.
    Win/Lose: the Win/Lose mentality is dysfunctional, often overly competitive and requires the use of power, position, possessions or personality to get one’s way, i.e. your boss uses his authority to impose a potentially stressful deadline on you.
    Who could possibly want to work from a Lose/Lose or a Lose/Win point of view?

Lose/Win people prefer to keep the peace by giving in or giving up rather than disturbing the relationship. In the long run a build-up of resentment can easily lead to an eventual breakdown of the relationship.
    Lose/Lose is the philosophy of highly dependent people, and results from the encounter of two Win/Lose individuals. Covey illustrates this case by a divorce in which the husband is ordered by the judge to sell his assets and turn over half of the earnings to his ex-wife. In compliance, he sells his car, worth
    When does a Win/Win or No Deal situation occur?

7-habits-of-highly-effective-people-stephen-coveyWin/Win or No Deal is the case where, if a mutually beneficial situation can’t be reached, then both parties “agree to disagree” and both walk away with no hard feelings. This is a typically realistic option at the beginning of a relationship or enterprise.

Why is Win/Win the ideal solution?

As mentioned above, when two proactive, mission focused and organised people meet, effectiveness can be increased far beyond what we can achieve alone. Win/Win is a synergistic situation where both parties can mutually benefit. Win/Win takes a certain amount of investment to favour its occurrence. The first step is to recognise what the status of our human interaction is at a given time. We must not only ask ourselves what we want but also what the other party wants from a given situation, bearing in mind that it’s ok to walk away if a common agreement is not found (Win/Win or No Deal).
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-25-2018 at 12:50 PM.