Face to Face Marketing Vs Cold Calling
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Karen37a

Face to Face Marketing Vs Cold Calling

For the people who do not want to get on the phone, you can master the art of Face to Face selling, like insurance salespeople.
    ( they do not cold call)

or make phone calls do this in your spare time as you go to restaurants, malls, flea markets

Top 100 List ( 100 names, people, businesses, organizations, professional groups etc)

#1 Make a list of every person you know ( close friends, associates, casual acquaintances)

#2 Make a list of every organization you know ( chamber of commerce, real estate group, trade groups)

# 3 Business that can be a source of Referrals ( accountants, Loan brokers etc)

In your spare time or part-time get out and about to network, find referrals

( if you are eating in a Resturant...that owner might need money, flea market,..mall...they need money)

Learn non-verbal sales technique

Choose your first 12 words carefully...you have 7 seconds to make the first impression

Say their name right off the bat or ask their name

Shake their hand ( nod your head like bill Clinton use to**to not seem superior )

** here is the key. You have to learn to ask 5 leading questions so that they ask YOU for your business card ...not vice versa.

5 pulling questions towards the close

Practice until you perfect it

You can use these techniques to switch their processing equipment or make a mca sale/SBA/loan...whereever the conversation leads you

*First and most important sentence.*

When you meet people and they ask you "What do you do for a living" ** (which is one of the first questions out of strangers mouths in certain states ( if they do not ask you ...ask them and then they will say .." and what do you do for a living" )

Then you must reply with a "pulling" or "leading questions" to increase curiosity to ask questions further.

" I help people achieve their business goals and dreams with help from alternative financing when the banks have turned them down"

They will say "how do you do that"...then you very smoothly "pitch them" further

or

"I help people with little to no business credit achieve business financing...."

etc etc

( now hit the phone or hit the pavement for face to face )

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

face-2-face always wins! ...when i ran a credit card processing company it was known that any merchant that was using the largest banks to process (meaning they started business by walking into a bank of america --before they had a store and had no presence for an agent to make a sale) once an agent was able to walk into store vs bank the yalways won the business.... so if an MCA agent walk store to store they will always out beat a phone guy FACT!!
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    face-2-face always wins! ...when i ran a credit card processing company it was known that any merchant that was using the largest banks to process (meaning they started business by walking into a bank of america --before they had a store and had no presence for an agent to make a sale) once an agent was able to walk into store vs bank the yalways won the business.... so if an MCA agent walk store to store they will always out beat a phone guy FACT!!
    cant beat this phone gal....ill call the whole area while you are looking for a parking spot

but it is an option for some and it breaks up the monotony of the phones

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Can't say I disagree but there's a difference between Merchant Processing door-to-door and MCA not least of which is the fact that MOST of the merchants you will encounter use CC's. MCA on the other hand is more like the "needle in the haystack" if you're looking for a merchant that needs cash now.

Physical presence is certainly better but can't compete in terms of efficiency. Cold calling is more impersonal but you can engage many more decision makers in a short time. If the goal is to fill a pipeline with optimal prospects that are viable to close deals then I believe the phone is king.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by capaxess View Post
    Can't say I disagree but there's a difference between Merchant Processing door-to-door and MCA not least of which is the fact that MOST of the merchants you will encounter use CC's. MCA on the other hand is more like the "needle in the haystack" if you're looking for a merchant that needs cash now.

Physical presence is certainly better but can't compete in terms of efficiency. Cold calling is more impersonal but you can engage many more decision makers in a short time. If the goal is to fill a pipeline with optimal prospects that are viable to close deals then I believe the phone is king.
    Did you see me print that I was a "master general agent" for Aig?

Life insurance go face to face...you start off as an agent, then if you do well you become an "iso" general agency...they you can get to Super Iso status "master general agent" thru recruting and production

And I was independent...and sold the book

MCA is not a needle in the haystack...everyone wants money

If you can sell on the phone...Mcas are laydowns...you turn down more files ( deny ) than you can ever fund
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-22-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Karen37a
    This is the impasse , there is no benefit for people who can close sales over the phone to teach other people how to do it unless that person was on their team and they received a benefit from it

Since there is no regulation or system. There is no reason the person you taught would stay on your team unless they are local and want to use your office, especially if they are cut throat

Some need the benefit of the "super iso" sales training but the super iso will never give it up....ever

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

I've heard some people refer to MCA phone sales as updawg. What say you, Karen37a?

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    I've heard some people refer to MCA phone sales as updawg. What say you, Karen37a?
    Its easy for me. I mastered it a long time ago as a stockbroker. We had to get people to SEND us 100k

Its easier for us to offer the 100k as a mca or loan

There are a few key mistakes people make...everyone can do it...they just do not like to listen or try to absorb the info

you have to be blindly coachable
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-22-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

All im saying is if an MCA-Closer that's got good table manners chooses a city that has open roads with strip malls and drove door to door and pitched business funding he will do extremely well!
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by capaxess View Post

Me personally, I always choose the path of least resistance. I look at what everyone is doing, and target what they're missing. Staying nimble during constant change, but all while building something sustainable for the long-run. I've never cold called a single call in my life. Not for me. But I have done some email blasts that were golden. When I first got into brokering I was solely focused on middle-market financing: Terms, ABLs and large equipment leases. So I targeted the **** out of them with email blasts. Would send out about 4,000 a day from a huge list. Would recontact every 2-3 months. Emails would always be 1-2 sentences, and sort of informal. "Hey, Tom. Checking back to see how your financing situation is." That's it. You'd be shocked how many people think they know you. And by emailing you aren't contacting t-shirt retail stores. You're contacting companies that are doing $5-50M looking for terms, revolvers and such -- which so few brokers deal with. But on top of that, these companies may need $250-500K in a crunch. This is all virgin A-paper stuff.

I'd love to go back to doing blasts, but you're at risk of having your website and email shut down. So I wouldn't use an email that's attached to your main website.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Me personally, I always choose the path of least resistance. I look at what everyone is doing, and target what they're missing. Staying nimble during constant change, but all while building something sustainable for the long-run. I've never cold called a single call in my life. Not for me. But I have done some email blasts that were golden. When I first got into brokering I was solely focused on middle-market financing: Terms, ABLs and large equipment leases. So I targeted the **** out of them with email blasts. Would send out about 4,000 a day from a huge list. Would recontact every 2-3 months. Emails would always be 1-2 sentences, and sort of informal. "Hey, Tom. Checking back to see how your financing situation is." That's it. You'd be shocked how many people think they know you. And by emailing you aren't contacting t-shirt retail stores. You're contacting companies that are doing $5-50M looking for terms, revolvers and such -- which so few brokers deal with. But on top of that, these companies may need $250-500K in a crunch. This is all virgin A-paper stuff.

I'd love to go back to doing blasts, but you're at risk of having your website and email shut down. So I wouldn't use an email that's attached to your main website.
    Which is why they cant email

I cold called right off the get-go on wall st

I didn't want to do it. I had a college degree but you cant pitch someone investments unless they are an accredited investor.,So you cold called for accredited investors sent them info and then a week or so later or when you had a good stock tip pitched them on a stock.

I was going to quit, but those guys were mean as snakes and would hit you in the head with rubber balls if you quit, as you were packing your stuff in a box or walking on the way out yelling " go get your MBA or go to the Bank" , squirting you with water guns etc.

id be damned if I was going to go out that way...so I looked at the phone and figured it out. Went back to work, figured it out...picked up the phone and closed a sale.

I would not and will not go out in a body bag..I watched a lot of guys get hit with balls in my life

Everyone CAN do it they just have to really want to do it

man in the arena.jpeg
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-22-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post

You may have already done this, but did you use a dedicated IP address? I know when using a shared IP address with companies they limit how many emails you can send a day. They don't want your list to have some hard bounces in it and mess up their "reputation" for emailing. Having your own IP address you can warm up how many emails you send per day and ramp up to 100k+ day if you ever wanted to. I think GoDaddy does it for $6 a month, or SendinBlue is $145 per year.

Karen37a
    its always going to be emailers vs live salespeople

( BUT no one can say I do not understand emails or computers anymore)

let me know when someone wants to step up head to head on the phone vs emails

Id spank somes hero scoops....since he took half of my training and botched it

as this industry is collapsing

to each his own

** and I would bet that west coast has the most "email" and SEO experience than anyone on this site ( and made the most money doing it that way.). ..great he is being coached
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-23-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Karen37a
    https://uk.godaddy.com/help/can-spam...-legally-12467

CAN SPAM, other laws, and sending email legally
    Here at GoDaddy Email Marketing, we have our permissions policy to keep your emails landing in inboxes. ISPs (internet service providers) and governments have their own rules and requirements -- but don’t worry! It’s not difficult to stay on their good sides.

We’d like to avoid getting into the legalese aspect of email delivery but it’s still important to know that you’re sending responsibly. Here are some guidelines for sending commercial email that should keep you safe:

Only send commercial email to people that have consciously agreed to get mass email from you or your business.

Simply put, this means that anyone you email should have opted-in, and expects to receive your emails, specifically. That means no purchased lists! The more clear you are at the time of opt-in about what you’ll be emailing, the higher your response rate and success will be.

__

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...guide-business

Do you use email in your business? The CAN-SPAM Act, a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have you stop emailing them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.

Despite its name, the CAN-SPAM Act doesn’t apply just to bulk email. It covers all commercial messages, which the law defines as “any electronic mail message the primary purpose of which is the commercial advertisement or promotion of a commercial product or service,” including email that promotes content on commercial websites. The law makes no exception for business-to-business email. That means all email – for example, a message to former customers announcing a new product line – must comply with the law.

Each separate email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act is subject to penalties of up to $41,484, so non-compliance can be costly. But following the law isn’t complicated. Here’s a rundown of CAN-SPAM’s main requirements:
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-23-2018 at 10:45 AM.