Outbound calling
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 58271

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Haha are you the new John Tucker? Why so negative?

The goal is not to trick them by omitting the fact that you provide financing. The goal is to quickly find the "Yes's", not to convince the "No's" into becoming "Yes's". Cold calling is a numbers game. The goal is to find those with buying signals quickly and efficiently, not to have long drawn out conversations that lead you nowhere.

If they don't want financing, then they just saved you a lot of time and headache. NEXT!

I think what she means is because merchants hear the word funding and capital so frequently from random cold calls, the second they hear that word an unconscious barrier goes up and nothing you say after that will be received.
    Like the hot girl who gets cat calls every time she walks by a group of men. How many times have you seen her stop and respond with a conversation. It takes a lot of skill/experience to say the same thing as everyone else but deliver it uniquely, (but it can be done).

I thought the John Tucker reference was very classy and delivered with charm and grace MCN. I know I appreciated you noticing...
    Last edited by DonMcGrath; 10-26-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    I think what she means is because merchants hear the word funding and capital so frequently from random cold calls, the second they hear that word an unconscious barrier goes up and nothing you say after that will be received.
    Like the hot girl who gets cat calls every time she walks by a group of men. How many times have you seen her stop and respond with a conversation. It takes a lot of skill/experience to say the same thing as everyone else deliver it uniquely, (but it can be done).

I thought the John Tucker reference was very classy and delivered with charm and grace MCN. I know I appreciated you noticing...
    this is correct

and his charm and grace delivering to me the JT Reference...if I had $1 for how many times mcn joined in with the king piker himself saying

"she must have something to hide if she fears regulation" and other negative jabs and I didnt slap him silly back...id be mega rich